DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did anyone buy the Polar Pro Filters?

ClearPropMedia

Reactions
Bought the polar pro filters for Mavic 3. I splurged and bought the Director’s set. Beautiful craftsmanship and appearance BUT they don’t fit the drone! I have the DJI filters and they fit perfectly (click on and off with no problems) but these from Polar Pro just don’t fit. Weird thing is.. YouTubers have videos of them being used. So don’t know if I got a bad set or whether my drone has a messed up lens cover attachments.

Either way, has anyone here bought them?

I've been testing a couple of brands filters, and I think it's just that the attachment mechanism sucks in general. Even remounting the stock DJI cover glass can be finnicky. Some of my filters from PGYTech have been working fine, while some have to be mounted precisely. I've not tried the polarpro ones yet, but I'd love a brand to create an adapter that just switches to a better mounting mechanism.

Yes In have the PolarPro set.. I also use PolarPro filters on all my Nikons...
They fit just fine!
20220206_182214.jpg

20220206_182653.jpg

When twisting them on... I grip on the upper right side and lower right side.
No need to force them, you may need to wiggle the filter slightly to line up the slots to paws.

Good Luck

Actually with most filters, and I have a LOT for the Mavic 3, a small amount of pressure pushing the filter towards the housing is usually required on mine. None of them, including the DJI set in the Fly More Combo go on easy. I suspect that some of the camera modules have stronger spring pins than others. I watched so many reviews with people saying "these go on super easy, and then doing so. I must have mounted various filters 100+ times and not once has one been "super easy" - that would be my Air 2 - it mounts with precision. The Mavic 3 feels like I am breaking something. If I don't push it slightly while twisting, it does not go on. With that much effort, you would think it would mount strongly, but nope. Any rotational filters like Freewell VND, and others, I have to hold the filter frame while turning the glass frame or it will start to come off. It was when a filter was slightly off that I learned, a month before they shipped, that the Wide Angle Lens would not work in Hyperlapse mode. The mount system has a way to tell if the lens is on. Actually the Wide Angle Lens goes on pretty well, because it's bigger and has more to grip with the protrusion of the lens. Too bad it sucks, lol!

Last edited:
I bought the PolarPro CPL filter for Mavic 3. Beautiful craftsmanship, and excellent optical quality. Unfortunately it is a massive design failure.

Instead of vertical frame, it comes with bevel frame with recessed edge. The friction is also too tight. Compared to their CPL filter for Mavic 2 Pro, this one is very difficult to adjust for polarization.

PolarProCPLComparison.jpg

I have them and they are a bit more difficult to mount than the DJI filters. Everything has to be lined up perfectly and then give the filter a little push and turn. After mounting the filter check to make sure it is secure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada