DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did DJI send me a new drone? Buy refresh?

MarcoPolo

Reactions
So I sent my Mavic in for repairs after getting a gimbal overload error 4th of July weekend. I just a drone back today, however, this drone had all the stickers on it, looks very fresh and unblemished, then when I turned it on, I had to reactivate it, and also give the drone a name, as it did not have one, along with all the other settings you enter when you get your Mavic. I decoded the S/N and it says it was manufactured June 12th. While doing set up during activation it also told me I could buy refresh.

So, is this drone new? Does this mean , that the drone I sent in which I owned just shy of 6 months and didn't have refresh, but this one, if I wanted to, just activating it, could refresh this one?

If you just activated it then yes you can add refresh. I did the same a couple months ago on a returned mavic that was new. You only have 48 hours though.

So I sent my Mavic in for repairs after getting a gimbal overload error 4th of July weekend. I just a drone back today, however, this drone had all the stickers on it, looks very fresh and unblemished, then when I turned it on, I had to reactivate it, and also give the drone a name, as it did not have one, along with all the other settings you enter when you get your Mavic. I decoded the S/N and it says it was manufactured June 12th. While doing set up during activation it also told me I could buy refresh.

So, is this drone new? Does this mean , that the drone I sent in which I owned just shy of 6 months and didn't have refresh, but this one, if I wanted to, just activating it, could refresh this one?

Sounds like you won the lottery.

If you just activated it then yes you can add refresh. I did the same a couple months ago on a returned mavic that was new. You only have 48 hours though.
Yep and it let me, so I bought refresh.

Also, looking in the settings in DJI go 4, flight time is 00:00, so yeah, looks like a brand new drone.

I had heard all these horror stories about DJI Support, but wow, this turned out awesome. 2 and a half week total turn around time, and a brand new drone to boot, now having refresh too? Good end I'd say :D

That’s great. I did refresh on my zoom last month. I’m pretty close to the service center in LOS Angeles/ Norwalk. I sent my drone in on a Monday and I received it back on that Thursday. 4 days.

I’d buy refresh again if I had the opportunity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78