DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did I Ruin The Gimbal (Pictures)

elkennyb

Reactions
Just got my mavic air in the mail today and I decided to open it in a large open balcony from my building (yes that was stupid).

The mavic wouldnt stay still in one single spot and ended up crashing against one of the wall then started hovering low all over the place slamming from wall to wall and i literally had to put my foot down on it to make it stop ( Panicked ) ( everything is intact not even a scratch, i just gently held it down with my foot)

The drone still works Perfectly fine, nothing is broken, flies perfectly but I noticed the gimbal when the drone is off pushes to the right

It tilts to the right, ill hold it to the left and as soon as i let go itll tilt to the right no matter the angle or how im holding it. Is this normal? I know its supposed to be loose and all but it seems to be unbalances now and now matter how i hold it the camera tilts right completely.

I'm so mad at myself because I always wanted a Mavic and the first time I fly it this happens...

VIDEO:

Attachments

• Photo Feb 23, 12 44 32 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 23, 12 44 32 PM.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 84
  • Photo Feb 23, 12 44 19 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 23, 12 44 19 PM.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
If it does that after the power is on, then you might have hurt the motor assembly. Take a look under the gimbal and see if all the rubber bands are still attached to the top and sides.

Concrete, specifically the rebar inside it, will throw your compass calibration right off. That may be what caused this. You know this already but fly away from buildings and you'll have a better time of it.

Hope your gimbal isn't busted!

Here’s a pic of the rubber bands holding the gimbal in place.

Attachments

• DD02BD34-47F6-40FE-807D-31EF98DE125B.png
    DD02BD34-47F6-40FE-807D-31EF98DE125B.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 71
I read recently about an issue with a camera being offset, they resolved it by leaving the gimbal cover on and doing a start up, the cover holds the camera in place whilst the mechanical parts reset. Not saying this is the correct resolution....but possibly worth a go before sending it for a repair?

I read recently about an issue with a camera being offset, they resolved it by leaving the gimbal cover on and doing a start up, the cover holds the camera in place whilst the mechanical parts reset. Not saying this is the correct resolution....but possibly worth a go before sending it for a repair?
Interesting. That'd allow the rubber bands to slip back as the servos move and the camera doesn't, as long as it doesn't throw an hardware error. I'd try it first too, that sounds like a reasonable idea.

Last edited:
Hi all

I'm with the same problem. But I'm affraid to attempt the start with the gimbal cover.

My fear is that it worsens the situation.

Thinking....... :/

Tks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111