DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did some high speed tracking and obstacle avoidance test with the Skydio S2

was that one of the new all pro electric bikes i,ve been wondering if i could use one can you change batteries in them easy

thanks for sharing

was that one of the new all pro electric bikes i,ve been wondering if i could use one can you change batteries in them easy
It is a Mountain to Sea R750
Yes, the battery is changeable in this one, they also sell models where the battery is internal. Really nice bike that I have had for some years.

Tracks well, but not sure I would qualify it as high speed tracking. I’ve tracked my son at higher speeds on his dirt bike with M2Z
Well, the Top speed is 36mph on the Skydio, I got it up to 30mph while it was tracking me. The biggest thing is the obstacle avoidance is more difficult the higher the speed. The calculations needed and the processing power is quite high as you bump the speed up. When the video starts on the bike the drone is set to track me on the left rear side. When I turn the bike around the drone is still set for the left side, but it cannot go there due to the trees. It takes up the rear and is trying to get to my left side, and at about 27mph it is in full obstacle avoidance mode. Tracking is one thing, but full avoidance mode at 10mph or above is another.

Was the M2Z able to keep up the tracking and at what speed? My Air2s is not showing that kind of tracking ability, I am hoping to have the video up soon for it. But I belive I was trying in Cinema mode, may need to try in sport mode.

Well, the Top speed is 36mph on the Skydio, I got it up to 30mph while it was tracking me. The biggest thing is the obstacle avoidance is more difficult the higher the speed. The calculations needed and the processing power is quite high as you bump the speed up. When the video starts on the bike the drone is set to track me on the left rear side. When I turn the bike around the drone is still set for the left side, but it cannot go there due to the trees. It takes up the rear and is trying to get to my left side, and at about 27mph it is in full obstacle avoidance mode. Tracking is one thing, but full avoidance mode at 10mph or above is another.

Was the M2Z able to keep up the tracking and at what speed? My Air2s is not showing that kind of tracking ability, I am hoping to have the video up soon for it. But I belive I was trying in Cinema mode, may need to try in sport mode.
I stand corrected. Watching the video left me with the impression that it was captured at a slower speed and sped up in post.

I would have to see if I have any of my test videos from last year to get an exact speed. 30mph is most definitely faster than I attained with the M2Z. IIRC it was somewhere around 22-24mph. My son was was tapped out in third gear on his CRF80.

I apologize if my comment came across as brash. I appreciate the time and effort you and other put into videos like these

No apologies needed. I do not take things that way. The videos were sped up in post to shorten the video. Just figured I would clarify that. I am hoping today to do a similar test on the Air2s.
Your post made me think about a couple of test that showed some limitations on the DJI, but made me think there may be a work around for that. Another idea to check and see how it works on video, so thank you!
Dave

No apologies needed. I do not take things that way. The videos were sped up in post to shorten the video. Just figured I would clarify that. I am hoping today to do a similar test on the Air2s.
Your post made me think about a couple of test that showed some limitations on the DJI, but made me think there may be a work around for that. Another idea to check and see how it works on video, so thank you!
Dave
Look forward to the video!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925