DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did somebody say, "idiot?? '

i can not say for maned aircraft pilots, but in trucking. it has always been 12 hrs. frome drunk to drive.
99% of bodys out there can work booze out in that amount of time. but then there is still the 0.04 rule. 0.08 with no time, for everybody else on the roads.

i rairly drink and only in places where i know there is no driving. or much of anything else.

but yes it looks like the poster is a troll. if not then the faa should go after him. he did voluntary confess to a crime on a public fourm.
as well as all the videos of peps comiting faa rule violation type crimes
I think it might be you doing the trolling.

The OP is well know here’- there has been no confession made. Simple tongue in cheek comment.

He knows the rules.

You need a big chill pill and or a sense of humour.

Some threads like this one are always going to be contentious - it's simply about the subject matter. It's like that other thread (closed now) where the O.P. reported his experience involving Park Rangers.

The whole thing quickly became a festival of bickering about what he should or should not have done or why the cop did what he did etc. We rarely see Troll-like behaviour on threads about ND filters or Battery performance because there is nothing that could be considered to be contentious in the topic.

Welcome to the Electric Internet - it will always be like the wild west.

Lol. I was on a roof of a house on an island with no one around. I do it all the time. Without the three beers, of course.
Here's a pic of what you're all crying about.

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_528436342868_20181224_205018047.jpeg
    LRM_EXPORT_528436342868_20181224_205018047.jpeg
    586.1 KB · Views: 88
Note to self: I need to fly with @OJsakila . Sound like he knows how to have fun. :)

I have considered flying the Mavic after throwing back a few , but thank goodness I get sidetracked easily and that has given me time to consider what could go wrong. I have ridden my electric skateboard at 22 MPH after imbibing. It was a blast and I have great balance so that helped matters.

Reactions: JDawg
Some threads like this one are always going to be contentious - it's simply about the subject matter. It's like that other thread (closed now) where the O.P. reported his experience involving Park Rangers.

The whole thing quickly became a festival of bickering about what he should or should not have done or why the cop did what he did etc. We rarely see Troll-like behaviour on threads about ND filters or Battery performance because there is nothing that could be considered to be contentious in the topic.

Welcome to the Electric Internet - it will always be like the wild west.
Well, discussions about battery performance or care can get tense.

Same thing could have happened without climbing in the roof....

Your Mavic should be fine- they are tough. I deliberately ditched mine into a tree to avoid a pair of relentless magpies attacking it- flying up and away was getting ridiculous after evading them and trying to sneak back 5 or 6 times in a row. Replaced props and all good.

I think someone needs to 3D print a stubby holder for the remote. You can get distracted when you have to reach for your beer...
Wear the hard hard that has those two holders, one each side, for your beers with the long flexible straws coming from each side. It's safe because it is Hands Free, right???

i can not say for maned aircraft pilots, but in trucking. it has always been 12 hrs. frome drunk to drive.
99% of bodys out there can work booze out in that amount of time. but then there is still the 0.04 rule. 0.08 with no time, for everybody else on the roads.

i rairly drink and only in places where i know there is no driving. or much of anything else.

but yes it looks like the poster is a troll. if not then the faa should go after him. he did voluntary confess to a crime on a public fourm.
as well as all the videos of peps comiting faa rule violation type crimes

Ummm, have you never seen a fun post, poking fun at ones self??? Take it easy and take this as intended and just call him an idiot!

Last edited:
By the way, as a multi thousand hour old pilot, it is 8 hours Bottle to Throttle at least always was, not 12 or 24 hours (truck driving may have different rules), though those amounts are always better than just 8 in my opinion. Correct me please if this has actually officially changed.

Last edited:
Like a fool yesterday, I had a belly full of beer and then decided to climb a ladder onto the roof (uh oh) and then attempted to fly my MP in the neighborhood.
I didn't get 20 feet before I got all tangled up in a pear tree's leafless branches that I couldn't see because it was at sunset...
It fell to the ground... About 15 feet up onto some (thankfully) plush grass...
It had a broken prop. I replaced all 4, of course. Visually everything looked great and this morning at work I tried to fly it at 5 am and it seemed fine... I got a "not enough light" warning but that's to be expected.
I'll fly it this afternoon but I'm hoping everything is good. I've definitely learned my lesson.

I was flying in my culdesac on sports mode this morning and I nailed the neighbor hedge. Not to bright.

I know this thread is light-hearted but is flying in a culdesac even legal?

Did you actually do that or are you pulling our legs?
Don't know about legal but a culdesac sounds like a bit of a dead end place to fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada