Did you remove the props after flying?

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I have maybe a stupid question.

Do you remove the propellers after flying to put the bird in the bag? I bought a propeller holding to keep the propellers in place before putting the M2P in the bag but I notice that there is a tiny little pressure on the propellers to keep this in place. I am thinking if this eventually can make suffer the motor shaft and damage or unbalance the motor.

Is it not better to remove the propellers all the time? Installing and removing all the time will be worse for the motors? I don't care about the propellers spring because the propellers are cheap to replace, but the motor...mmm. what are the odds. ?

Reactions: rwkopf
My preference is to leave them installed, but to carefully protect them with a prop guard when I store the drone.

I worry more about the risk of an unsecured prop coming off in flight than the risk of a slightly distorted prop. And I haven't noticed any distortion to date.

I leave mine on and use the PGY prop holders. They sell them one the DJI market. I think as long as you check them before flight like others have said and it’s fine. But I prefer not to have them on loose in my case.

I take mine off, not after every flight, but after the day's outing (putting the bird away and going home).

Having it off has the advantage of you being able to easily inspect them before putting them back on later (top and bottom, close inspection of edges looking for cracks).

Chris

I leave mine on, except if I am traveling via airplane. Then I put foam caps on the propeller shafts for protection.

Reactions: ff22
I'm a newish drone pilot. I have been leaving mine on while it's bagged. I am looking to buy caps to protect the spring attachment so I can remove the props when it is bagged.
When at home i don't bag the drone.

I have maybe a stupid question.

Do you remove the propellers after flying to put the bird in the bag? I bought a propeller holding to keep the propellers in place before putting the M2P in the bag but I notice that there is a tiny little pressure on the propellers to keep this in place. I am thinking if this eventually can make suffer the motor shaft and damage or unbalance the motor.

Is it not better to remove the propellers all the time? Installing and removing all the time will be worse for the motors? I don't care about the propellers spring because the propellers are cheap to replace, but the motor...mmm. what are the odds. ?
We had this discussion a little while back. I use a rubber band that exerts a bit of tension but not really tight, to keep the props in pace. Never take off the props. (Mavic 2 Pro)

Reactions: Bobvt and zeusfl
Reactions: Gindra
I leave mine on and use the PGY prop holders. They sell them one the DJI market. I think as long as you check them before flight like others have said and it’s fine. But I prefer not to have them on loose in my case.
Can you provide a link to where the prop holders are sold? I looked at the DJI store and can't find anything. "DJI Market" brings up Wall Street. :)

I leave mine on (secured). Because they’re cheap I’m wondering if it might be prudent to just change them out after a set number of flights or flight hours?

I leave mine on (secured). Because they’re cheap I’m wondering if it might be prudent to just change them out after a set number of flights or flight hours?

If they are not damaged why change them? As soon as they show signs of damage surely they must be changed? What’s the point of changing them after a set number of hours? It’s not like they are going to suffer some sort of material fatigue.

Reactions: Riteguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25