DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Different drone control conventions

Omegutz

Reactions
Hi guys,

Do you know of any app that allows to control the drone in a different way than fwd/back, left/right etc.?

For example like a plane with throttle, and the throttle would stick to a position so the drone will move even if I don't touch any control.

Or have something like this :
- one stick controls throttle and yaw, so I can fly the drone using only one stick
- the other stick controls the altitude and the camera, but only the orientation of the aircraft and not the direction of movement... something like TapFly with free camera, but being able to change the yaw without tapping on the screen but by using a stick. One stick will control the "camera" and the other the direction of movement

Hi guys,

Do you know of any app that allows to control the drone in a different way than fwd/back, left/right etc.?

For example like a plane with throttle, and the throttle would stick to a position so the drone will move even if I don't touch any control.

Or have something like this :
- one stick controls throttle and yaw, so I can fly the drone using only one stick
- the other stick controls the altitude and the camera, but only the orientation of the aircraft and not the direction of movement... something like TapFly with free camera, but being able to change the yaw without tapping on the screen but by using a stick. One stick will control the "camera" and the other the direction of movement

Yep I know just the thing. Auto Pilot app. I actually do this often. Use Auto Pilot “cruise control” with the attitude strategy set to joystick, pitch and yaw strategy set to vector, and yaw strategy set to course.

The yaw set to course is the part that will let you fly it like a plane. The aircraft will yaw in the direction it is moving so if you roll to the right the aircraft will also yaw to the right. Therefore you can control it with only one joystick(unless you want to change altitude then you’ll need the other stick)

Keep in mind Auto Pilot doesn’t work for the Mavic 2 yet but does work for all the other Mavics.

Another Auto Pilot feature that’s kinda sorta related is “mimic” mode. In this mode it you can fly the aircraft just by tilting your mobile device in the way you want the aircraft to fly. Tilt forward to go forward, spin it to turn, you get the idea. So there’s lots of different options with Auto Pilot

L
Yep I know just the thing. Auto Pilot app. I actually do this often. Use Auto Pilot “cruise control” with the attitude strategy set to joystick, pitch and yaw strategy set to vector, and yaw strategy set to course.

If you are talking about the app from Hangar, I see that is available only on IPhone... anything similar on Android?

Unfortunately...
Check "System requirements" on Autopilot - Hangar
That's what makes Autopilot so unique.
They mimic the complete flight controller logic into an IOS device. (hence the high performance requirements of an IOS device)
Therefore you have some extraordinary flight maneuver capabilities like Bézier curves in Waypoint missions, barometric altitude references and many more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123