DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Directional arrow on screen

The red directional arrow on the cell phone screen does not correspond with the actual direction of the drone. What is the procedure to link the two?
The compass in your phone or tablet is being deflected by the magnetic effects in your controller.
You may be able to fix it by calibrating the phone's compass (with the phone in the controller and powered on) or by rotating the phone 180 degrees so it's compass is further away from the cause of the problem.

The compass in your phone or tablet is being deflected by the magnetic effects in your controller.
You may be able to fix it by calibrating the phone's compass (with the phone in the controller and powered on) or by rotating the phone 180 degrees so it's compass is further away from the cause of the problem.
Thanks for your reply. This is critical when the drone is out of sight. Would you please explain the calibration process relative to the cell phone and controller? This is a good place to start trouble shooting.

Thanks for your reply. This is critical when the drone is out of sight. Would you please explain the calibration process relative to the cell phone and controller? This is a good place to start trouble shooting.
Google how to calibrate iPhone or Android phone.

The red directional arrow on the cell phone screen does not correspond with the actual direction of the drone. What is the procedure to link the two?
It is a software bug. The earlier versions of the fly app did not do this. Now both the direction from me and the direction the drone is facing are both unstable and incorrect on this compass. To bring my drone home I bring up the map and point the drone toward me, return to the camera view then fly straight. The map correctly knows where the drone is and what direction it is facing.

Just use the map in the bottom left and forget about the compass. Accomplishes the same thing.
I think that's the quickest easiest way to point your drone home

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d