DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Directional display sometimes unavailable

evann2120

Reactions
Had my air 2 for a couple weeks. So far pretty good, my only question is sometimes the directional display in the bottom center goes red and has a slash thru it. It’ll be 100 feet in front of me with nothing in the way and do it. Doesn’t affect flight much but always wondered why it did it.
48b7cfb425b12a71be0bdba05eb7c87c.jpg

That will happen if your phone/tablet doesn't have a good GPS lock.

Had my air 2 for a couple weeks. So far pretty good, my only question is sometimes the directional display in the bottom center goes red and has a slash thru it. It’ll be 100 feet in front of me with nothing in the way and do it. Doesn’t affect flight much but always wondered why it did it.
48b7cfb425b12a71be0bdba05eb7c87c.jpg
When ever that happens to me I am mostly too close to my car (or sitting in it when doing Hyperlapses) or did not move for a while. What always does the trick is a short turn with the controller to the left and right and it goes white again. Hope that helps in your case too.

I have received two independent reports that the problem is due to the compass of the phone turning off after the phone has been stationary for a while. Moving the phone a bit will bring back the radar icon. I have not tried it by myself because I have sold my Mini. Pls try and let us know the result.

I have received two independent reports that the problem is due to the compass of the phone turning off after the phone has been stationary for a while. Moving the phone a bit will bring back the radar icon. I have not tried it by myself because I have sold my Mini. Pls try and let us know the result.

Yeah it’s not a huge problem. When I flew again yesterday night it wasn’t awful. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu