DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disassembling a Gimble

ruggb

Reactions
I have found a secret you will definitely want to know b4 attempting a gimble disassembly. I am not talking about swapping assemblies, that is a piece of cake. There are a couple of YouTube videos about gimble disassembly and they are all wrong or incomplete when it comes to the last steps.
This video is the best (for a Zoom, but Pro is basically the same) but it wrongly describes how to remove the camera frame from the gimble and also does the disassemble after the cable has already been removed and the part reassembled without the cable.
I have commented below that video, but in a nutshell, there is a purpose for the single threaded hole (which you may not have noticed) in the black piece opposite the motor of the camera.
The cable removal to this point you will have to figure out, but once you get to the camera this is the procedure:

Disassemble Process:
1) Remove camera (Zoom) from frame = 6 screws, back cover, cable, lens cover, black cover (pry off slowly) (Pro is similar)
2) Remove cable from black pivot. If you have not seen it, that cable is VERY fragile.
3) Remove 3 screws from black piece.
4) Position the threaded (only 1) hole on black piece over the frame and screw in an M2 screw into it until the piece backs out. Use the screw to lift it out completely. This piece is not press fit but it is impossible to get out without using a screw this way.
5) Remove 3 screws from spacer (the previously impossible hidden ones).
6) Slide spacer out.
7) Remove 3 screws from motor side, remove camera frame.
8) Continue........

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143