DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discharging Mavic Mini batteries

smalt0141

Reactions
Is there any way to discharge my Mavic Mini batteries without flying the drone. I am in Tucson where we are having a lot of wild fires and many of the areas that I usually fly in have become restricted zones until the fires are quelled. I charged my batteries last week hoping to fly; but that was cancelled. Need to discharge???
Thanks for any help....

Reactions: old man mavic
If you have the combo, put one battery that you want to discharge in the 3-battery charger. Do not connect the charger to a charging plug.

Use one of the usb cables that came with it with the right connector for your phone. Plug the standard usb end of the cable into the usb socket of the charger. Plug into phone. This will charge your phone and drain the battery .

Drain until about 2 LED displayed, 50%. Remove the mini battery. If you need to discharge another, put it in the charger and repeat.

You can put 3 batteries in together but if you forget, you'll completely discharge all 3. One at a time and you could only fully discharge that one battery. Full discharges, I'm told, are bad for the battery

If you have the combo, put one battery that you want to discharge in the 3-battery charger. Do not connect the charger to a charging plug.

Use one of the usb cables that came with it with the right connector for your phone. Plug the standard usb end of the cable into the usb socket of the charger. Plug into phone. This will charge your phone and drain the battery .

Drain until about 2 LED displayed, 50%. Remove the mini battery. If you need to discharge another, put it in the charger and repeat.

You can put 3 batteries in together but if you forget, you'll completely discharge all 3. One at a time and you could only fully discharge that one battery. Full discharges, I'm told, are bad for the battery
Thank you....will do

If the RC battery is the same type of battery as in the craft, you probably should discharge both, by powering up both the RC and then read the battery level on your phone to determine when to stop discharging. It doesn't take long for heat energy to build up even when the blades are not turning.

LifesShort is right, Lithium batteries inside your mini are more forgiving than LiPo's as far as storage charge level is concerned.

Reactions: Smason