DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnect go 4 app

gadgetman65

Reactions
Hi i have had my Mavic for a year now with no problems , the last month I keep getting disconnects from app , still can control the Mavic . I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus , I know there are similar topics on using another cable plugged into the USB port , but you shouldn’t have to do that . I thought the problem was interference , but went out in a large oval today and it still did it 2-3 times in flight . I have my phone on airplane mode , and closed all my apps . I’ve updated last week current version of DJI go 4 app..Would appreciate any help on this .

Reactions: hopeless128
There is a possibility that a Go 4 update is causing the problem that a downgrade might fix but since you are having disconnects from the app and not display problems like pixillation, it could be the cable, or the socket that the cable plugs into. There have been posts of lint getting in the socket on the phone preventing a solid connection.

You are right about how you shouldn't have to use the bottom USB port if the side cable works but there have been many posts in where changing from the side port to the center USB port has fixed connection problems. Just make sure to unplug the side cable from the RC if you do use the USB port. There have also been posts stating that the side cable supplied by DJI has been faulty, or at least not of high quality.

An easy test would be to inspect your iPhone port for obstructions and then use the USB cable that came with your iPhone and see if it fixes your problem.

Good night, pilots. I have a serious problem and would like help. I've done 40 flights with my Mavic Pro purchased a month ago. On my last flight, the DJI Go 4 app now always gives Disconnected. I've done everything possible, I've followed all the tutorials I found on the internet and nothing worked. What happens is that none of the USB ports connects to my cell phone (I have a S8 + Samsung), the control does not recognize the phone, nor does it appear the charging mode of the phone. I've already taken the following steps: I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app, I already changed the cables, I already upgraded and downgrade the control and the drone, I already did the usb debugging, I already made a new connection between the control radio and the drone, already I did all this using 3 different cell phones with different Android versions too and NOTHING SOLVED. The control mode via wifi is working normally with my cell phone and the RC also connects with the drone normally. Other than what I have seen with others who have had a problem similar to mine, in theirs the control is in the mobile charging mode but does not connect with the DJI GO 4, so they solve by taking some of the actions I mentioned above and that I also tried. I wonder if someone has already gone through this and how did you solve it? I do not want to have to buy another control (and before they ask, I can not ask for an exchange with the seller anymore). Thank you very much in case anyone can help me.

Good night, pilots. I have a serious problem and would like help. I've done 40 flights with my Mavic Pro purchased a month ago. On my last flight, the DJI Go 4 app now always gives Disconnected. I've done everything possible, I've followed all the tutorials I found on the internet and nothing worked. What happens is that none of the USB ports connects to my cell phone (I have a S8 + Samsung), the control does not recognize the phone, nor does it appear the charging mode of the phone. I've already taken the following steps: I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app, I already changed the cables, I already upgraded and downgrade the control and the drone, I already did the usb debugging, I already made a new connection between the control radio and the drone, already I did all this using 3 different cell phones with different Android versions too and NOTHING SOLVED. The control mode via wifi is working normally with my cell phone and the RC also connects with the drone normally. Other than what I have seen with others who have had a problem similar to mine, in theirs the control is in the mobile charging mode but does not connect with the DJI GO 4, so they solve by taking some of the actions I mentioned above and that I also tried. I wonder if someone has already gone through this and how did you solve it? I do not want to have to buy another control (and before they ask, I can not ask for an exchange with the seller anymore). Thank you very much in case anyone can help me.
My first guess, since all was fine till recently, is that there is a bad cable to the phone. Not all cell phone cords are capable of data transfer. Especially the cheap replacement cords.
Make sure your cord is QUALITY data capable cord. Plug into the bottom full size USB on the remote, and REMOVE the side cable completely from the RC. For some reason the bottom doesnt work with even an empty cable is plugged into the side port.
Make sure you have everything updated to the same release.
Latest firmware on drone, latest OS on phone, and latest DJI go4 app.

. For some reason the bottom doesnt work with even an empty cable is plugged into the side port.

So even the M1 remote does that. Drove me nuts for some time, considering I've had connection reliably issues with my tablet even with my P3A.

My first guess, since all was fine till recently, is that there is a bad cable to the phone. Not all cell phone cords are capable of data transfer. Especially the cheap replacement cords.
Make sure your cord is QUALITY data capable cord. Plug into the bottom full size USB on the remote, and REMOVE the side cable completely from the RC. For some reason the bottom doesnt work with even an empty cable is plugged into the side port.
Make sure you have everything updated to the same release.
Latest firmware on drone, latest OS on phone, and latest DJI go4 app.

Thank you for your reply, my friend. But I already did what you said. The cables I use are the original cables and I already tested the micro usb connector cable and the usb-type C connector and none of them worked (I do not use IOS to test the lightning cable). Both the drone and the RC are with the latest version of the firmware. The app and phone are also up to date with the latest version. Do you have any other ideas, my friend?

Thank you for your reply, my friend. But I already did what you said. The cables I use are the original cables and I already tested the micro usb connector cable and the usb-type C connector and none of them worked (I do not use IOS to test the lightning cable). Both the drone and the RC are with the latest version of the firmware. The app and phone are also up to date with the latest version. Do you have any other ideas, my friend?
I am sorry, but thats is all I have. IF it is true you tried 3 different phones and versions of Android, and you have used a good cable.
I would connect the mavic to DJI assist2 if its possible, and see if it updates.
There is a tiny switch near the SD card slot on the Mavic. Itsfor WiFi or RC. Try moving it back and forth a few times and see what happens? have you dropped the remote or something like that ?
ALSO, you may try doing a FULL factory reset to the phone and see if that makes it work.

Hi i have had my Mavic for a year now with no problems , the last month I keep getting disconnects from app , still can control the Mavic . I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus , I know there are similar topics on using another cable plugged into the USB port , but you shouldn’t have to do that . I thought the problem was interference , but went out in a large oval today and it still did it 2-3 times in flight . I have my phone on airplane mode , and closed all my apps . I’ve updated last week current version of DJI go 4 app..Would appreciate any help on this .
I just had the same problem ... changed the lighting cable and all is good

Reactions: dirkclod
Dirkclod recommended a contact cleaner available from Amazon called Deoxit. Its $6 for a small tube. I've ordered some.

Reactions: dirkclod
I am sorry, but thats is all I have. IF it is true you tried 3 different phones and versions of Android, and you have used a good cable.
I would connect the mavic to DJI assist2 if its possible, and see if it updates.
There is a tiny switch near the SD card slot on the Mavic. Itsfor WiFi or RC. Try moving it back and forth a few times and see what happens? have you dropped the remote or something like that ?
ALSO, you may try doing a FULL factory reset to the phone and see if that makes it work.

Both Mavic and RC are up to date with the latest firmware version of
according to DJI Assistant 2. The RC connects normally to the drone, so much so that I
I can fly using RC only in visual mode. I also flew in wifi mode
normally. The problem is that the RC does not connect to the phone,
consequently DJI GO 4 does not boot, even after I've tried all the
possibilities I mentioned earlier.

Both Mavic and RC are up to date with the latest firmware version of
according to DJI Assistant 2. The RC connects normally to the drone, so much so that I
I can fly using RC only in visual mode. I also flew in wifi mode
normally. The problem is that the RC does not connect to the phone,
consequently DJI GO 4 does not boot, even after I've tried all the
possibilities I mentioned earlier.
go 4 should boot on the phone without the RC connected, will the app start on the phone?

go 4 should boot on the phone without the RC connected, will the app start on the phone?

No, the app does not start automatically or manually. With the RC on and off the drone, the DJI GO 4 does not start automatically or manually. Even after I plug the drone the DJI GO 4 remains disconnected. At the moment I connect the USB cable what should happen initially is to start the battery charging mode of the phone but not even that does not happen.

No, the app does not start automatically or manually. With the RC on and off the drone, the DJI GO 4 does not start automatically or manually. Even after I plug the drone the DJI GO 4 remains disconnected. At the moment I connect the USB cable what should happen initially is to start the battery charging mode of the phone but not even that does not happen.
Delete the app, Hard reset your phone, re-download and install the app.

Delete the app, Hard reset your phone, re-download and install the app.

I have already done this my friend and unfortunately it did not work. I think I'm really running out of options to solve my problem. It must be a bug that happened in RC and there is no way to solve it. I think the output will be to buy another RC.

I have already done this my friend and unfortunately it did not work. I think I'm really running out of options to solve my problem. It must be a bug that happened in RC and there is no way to solve it. I think the output will be to buy another RC.
Maybe I dont understand.
Will the app run on the phone and show "disconnected" when the Mavic or the RC is not involved at all? You said it wouldn't boot on your phone. If that is the case, it has nothing to do with the RC.

If the app runs fine but wont connect to the aircraft, with ANY phone, or every cable. Then you probably have a bad remote. first one I have heard of with this problem. Are you SURE you tried EVERYTHING? if so, get a new remote.

Maybe I dont understand.
Will the app run on the phone and show "disconnected" when the Mavic or the RC is not involved at all? You said it wouldn't boot on your phone. If that is the case, it has nothing to do with the RC.

If the app runs fine but wont connect to the aircraft, with ANY phone, or every cable. Then you probably have a bad remote. first one I have heard of with this problem. Are you SURE you tried EVERYTHING? if so, get a new remote.

I'm sorry if the explanation was a bit confusing but my English is not good. I'm brazilian. And I think I did everything possible, all the ideas that I've been told or seen on the internet, I've tried. In all the research I did, I also did not find anyone who had the same problem as me. Everything you told me today I tried, without success. If you still have another idea I accept. Thank you.

When using the RC center USB port, is the short cable unplugged from the side of the RC?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS