DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected, but not?

necroscope

Reactions
Hi,

Third flight on my MPP today. Flew where I had flown my P3S loads of times without issue.

My MPP is all updated and I use a S8+.

Right at the end of my flight with the bird about 3m away from me, nose out at 4m height, the app claimed it was disconnected.

I manually landed, as I still had control and the controller was saying it was in GPS mode.

Once landed I restarted the app but it would not reconnect. I then powered everything down and restored and all was well again. I didn't fly again.

Where do you think this problem came from?

I thought it might be the app until the first restart didn't work.

Any help understanding what went wrong would be appreciated. In the go app the log stops at the disconnect as you would expect.

Thanks.

A lot of times, it is the cable to the device. Or something else trying to run on the device while flying. Social media, or any other apps should be disabled. In fact, I always switch the device to airplane mode to make sure it is "concentrating" on my flight.

I have had my MP disconnect several times. Similar in that I had to power everything down to reconnect. Once this happens I just hit the RTH.

Have you ever managed to pin the problem down to anything?

Have you ever managed to pin the problem down to anything?

Quick question, which output on the controller are you using, this micro usb (on the side) or the full sized usb (bottom).

I had this happen to me a while back, apparently the micro cable DJI sends is subpar and experiences a lot of failures. I was advised to start using the bottom USB port, and I did. Haven’t had this problem since.

Reactions: vertrider
Quick question, which output on the controller are you using, this micro usb (on the side) or the full sized usb (bottom).

I had this happen to me a while back, apparently the micro cable DJI sends is subpar and experiences a lot of failures. I was advised to start using the bottom USB port, and I did. Haven’t had this problem since.

I was using the supplied black side cable. If the cable was the problem, why would it be ok on a restart? I'm not saying it isnt, just curious....

I'm happy to try anything to avoid it happening again though.

I also have an old Note 4 that has no cellular data on it now that i could use. Don't want to change to many things before i understand what may or may not be happening.

Thanks for all your help guys.

I was using the supplied black side cable. If the cable was the problem, why would it be ok on a restart? I'm not saying it isnt, just curious....

I'm happy to try anything to avoid it happening again though.

I also have an old Note 4 that has no cellular data on it now that i could use. Don't want to change to many things before i understand what may or may not be happening.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Just a suggestion. I had this happen, it would suddenly disconnect. I contacted DJI and they told me to update the iPhone to the latest version (not the app). I went into General settings, tapped updates and there it was, an update to be done (I think it was 11.2. Whereas I was on 11.1). Not had any problems since. Apologies if you are on android or running the latest update to
iPhone/pad.

Reactions: csbellmd
I will try a new cable then before moving to my old note 4, as this would mean a cable change as well, as i move from USB C to standard micro USB.

Can anyone recommend a short USB C cable for me please? I don't fancy using the charger one as its a good meter long.

Probably the cable. The micro usb used is not the best of connectors. You don’t need the app to fly your Mavic. It is just convenient to see where you are going what the drone is doing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott