DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Discover Spain - Places to Visit in Spain - Albarracín in Teruel

DiscoverSpain

Reactions
Site
discoverspainvideo.wordpress.com

Considered one of the most beautiful villages of the entire Spanish geography, Albarracín, in the province of Teruel, immerses the traveler who visits it in a beautiful medieval framework. And in an urban ensemble declared National Monument, surrounded by the Guadalaviar river and capital of the mountain range to which it gives its name within the Iberian System.

Ibn-Racin
Celts, Romans and Arabs have occupied these lands. With the Muslim invasion, a Berber group of the Ibn-Racin tribe arrived here, which gave the village its name. The disintegration of the Caliphate of Cordoba on which it depended produced its independence as a Muslim Taifa kingdom.

Initially sheltered in the shadow of the castle, which stands on a rocky outcrop, Albarracín already had a wall that enclosed it and separated it from its surroundings since the 10th century. Today some remains survive, such as the tower of the Andador, the citadel and the tower of the Water.

Albarracín, capital of the region of the same name, is one of the most visited towns in Aragon. Classified as a historic-artistic site, it is a place to stroll through its sloping streets and to approach the walls that surround it around its perimeter.

From the Muslim period it preserves most of the fortifications visible today. Its star monuments are the tower of the Andador, the citadel and the water tower.

After the failure of conquest by King James I in 1220, it was Pedro III of Aragon who incorporated it into the Crown of Aragon in 1300. As a result of its lustrous past, the beautiful Aragonese town has many monuments scattered throughout its historic center, which is located on the slopes of a mountain.

Among them are the Church of Santa María de Albarracín, the 16th century Cathedral (where you can admire the altarpiece of San Pedro, the main altarpiece and the Diocesan Museum), the Episcopal Palace, some stately mansions such as the Monterde family and a peculiar popular architecture where the Julianeta house, the house on Azagra street, the Plaza de la Comunidad and the small and evocative Plaza Mayor stand out.

But the charm of Albarracín is above all in the layout of its streets adapted to the difficult topography of the terrain, with staircases and passages and in the whole of its farmhouse of irregular walls, reddish in color, with wooden framework, in difficult balance, with eaves that touch each other.

Hi, wow, what a fantastic and outstanding location and a really beautiful village! Very well flown and shot, compliments!👍
Thanks for sharing👍
cheers Paul
A pleasure to read your comments, thank you very much for them!

If you like my videos, why don't you subscribe to the channel, thanks!

For a person who lives in the United States of America, it's almost hard to believe such amazing, stunningly beautiful, historic locations exist. I could watch that video over and over. Great job!!! I've enjoyed all the Discover Spain videos you've shared with this forum. Keep them coming!

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Again, Linda and I are dazzled by the beautiful places you are showing us. And we're impressed with your flying and editing. Again, tonight, we've resolved to visit Spain as soon as the pandemic allows. I hope we'll share a bottle of good red wine with you.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
For a person who lives in the United States of America, it's almost hard to believe such amazing, stunningly beautiful, historic locations exist. I could watch that video over and over. Great job!!! I've enjoyed all the Discover Spain videos you've shared with this forum. Keep them coming!

The truth is that it is quite difficult to find places that still preserve their medieval character. Fortunately, in Spain there are still a few villages like the one in the video, which still maintain their medieval character.

On the other hand, places with so many years of history are almost all in these lands, since in this territory have settled a lot of different civilizations that have come from outside as Phoenicians, Romans, Carthaginians, Arabs, Suevi, Vandals, ....etc. Some did it peacefully and others took the territory by force. This has created the great richness of our culture, a lot of different styles of construction, a lot of buildings, ....etc. from each of them.

I am delighted to be able to make videos of these places, and even more delighted to read comments like yours. thank you very much for them! And if you haven't subscribed to the channel, please consider doing so.

Again, Linda and I are dazzled by the beautiful places you are showing us. And we're impressed with your flying and editing. Again, tonight, we've resolved to visit Spain as soon as the pandemic allows. I hope we'll share a bottle of good red wine with you.
Delighted to hear that you liked the videos so much that you are thinking of coming to Spain. There is much more than what I can show you in my videos and I would love to share a bottle of red wine with you.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada