DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Discovering South Carolina

Great video, enjoyed the editing and music. If I ever get SC will be at the top of the list. Thanks for sharing
Regards

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

With travel opening up, it’s time to hit the road, see family and the great outdoors. Be sure to put South Carolina on your list. Some amazing areas to see from Aiken to Hilton Head Island. Shot with a M2P, Mavic 2 Zoom. All still images were with a DSLR.
Have lived in SC and it does have some nice places, but think NC has a far wider diversity than SC. We have mountains and the "Piedmont" (low lands) as well. Very diverse microclimates with a ton of waterfalls, creeks, and rivers. We also have the Blue Ridge Parkway and Great Smoky Mountain NP - both which you cannot drone "from", but can fly over. I like the mountains more as it can be 10-20 degrees cooler than in Downstate SC and temps and humidity easily hit in the 90's during summer.

I do fly fairly regularly in SC - just over the NC / GA border in Oconee County, as they have so many waterfalls and the Chattooga River splits the states - which brings in kayakers and rafters for some whitewater action. I do like Charleston alot, but it's like a 5-6 hour drive from Western NC (Macon County) where I live there.

With travel opening up, it’s time to hit the road, see family and the great outdoors. Be sure to put South Carolina on your list. Some amazing areas to see from Aiken to Hilton Head Island. Shot with a M2P, Mavic 2 Zoom. All still images were with a DSLR.
I gave this a "like" and it is very well done. I do have a few picky things about it, but not really to detract from the very excellent filming and editing.

A good number of your still image close ups lacked depth of field, and usually, erred on blurring the closer object. You had enough good ones to eject those that were not in sharp focus. I noted this in some of the seagulls, shells, and jellyfish. Removing the 3 or 5 out of focus images would actually improve the pace of the film.

Some repetition is good (the waves and rollers) but it was a bit overdone in this film.

The Sunrise or sunset phases were meant to be a continuum, but they were not all in alignment. So each image jumped. Better that you learn how to do timelapse. I do not think that the Canon has an internal intervalometer like my Nikon D750 does, but intervalometers are not expensive ($35 range on Amazon). Timelapsed photographic combined with your already excellent flying videos will vastly improve the presentations.

Finally, I would have ended the film with the stars cape, and/or sunset followed by starscape for a better chronological feeling.

All in all, I give this film a BRAVO with a few comments. A good job, which took a lot of time and work. Believe me, I know what this takes.

Dale
Miami

Great job !!! I especially enjoyed the cymbal roll as the water lashes the beach and up close animal shots with the waves in the background so in focus.

Well put together - good music. Makes me want to go to the other coast to see it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure