DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disk full warning

reedyjt

Reactions
Has anyone else gotten a warning when they try to start recording video, knowing full well you have tons of room on your SD card. In my experience It can usually be fixed by ejecting and re-inserting the SD card, but this isn't the greatest solution especially when in a time crunched or business situation. Does anyone know how to avoid this?

Has anyone else gotten a warning when they try to start recording video, knowing full well you have tons of room on your SD card. In my experience It can usually be fixed by ejecting and re-inserting the SD card, but this isn't the greatest solution especially when in a time crunched or business situation. Does anyone know how to avoid this?
I remove and insert a card after every flight on several DJI models and have never encountered that problem.

One preventive measure might be formatting the card in the drone as part of the start-up routine before each flight. It adds 20-30 seconds to the process but should remove any incorrect reading of the card capacity.

I have had some hiccups using other than really good brands of cards...I have seen others also advise to format in the drone....I usually do it right after I download the media onto my computer...using the computer to do it....using San Disc cards I don't have any problems at all

Reactions: millbah
knowing full well you have tons of room on your SD card.

Just a thought, check that you are recording to the card and not the 2 gb of on board memory.

Maybe something got switched in the app?

Off the top of my head, that sounds like a fake microsd card. I would run a check on the card (which writes actual files to the card up to the full amount) just to be sure the entire memory space is available and usable.

I have forgotten an SD card and had to record to the drone and forgot to move back to the SD card on the next flight after I reinserted it...could the OP have done that?

Reactions: Jmuns
It's a bug in the new M4P firmware or the DJI Fly update, not sure, but DM Productions covered this in a recent video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr