DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disney question

Reactions
I’m staying at the Disney animal kingdom lodge and I’ve read that you can fly a drone and some saying you can’t, there is no nfz where I want to fly but they say you can not fly at the parks. Any help. Thanks!

A <2 second Google search produced this:

Not surprisingly the answer is NO.

And by the way, there IS a (permanent) Temporary Flight Restriction that prohibits ALL aircraft operation up to 3000' AGL, and with a 3 mile radius, apart from Disney approved flights. So your initial premise about NFZ is incorrect. I'd be curious to know where you got the idea there was no NFZ, apart maybe from wishful thinking.....

Last edited:

Attachments

• BD850240-810D-49A9-859B-C1C4803C24F4.jpeg
    BD850240-810D-49A9-859B-C1C4803C24F4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • BF429907-D024-4A62-840F-6267CCF5F0D3.jpeg
    BF429907-D024-4A62-840F-6267CCF5F0D3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
I’m staying at the Disney animal kingdom lodge and I’ve read that you can fly a drone and some saying you can’t, there is no nfz where I want to fly but they say you can not fly at the parks. Any help. Thanks!

Pilots should get flying information from either Kittyhawk or Airmap and also check the FAA sectionals. Don’t rely on ‘they’ that say you can fly and ‘some’ saying you can’t.

The OP stated that they were staying at Disney Animal Kingdom. It is clearly south of the TFR, and is located outside of the TFR area shown on all maps in this post.

The OP stated that they were staying at Disney Animal Kingdom. It is clearly south of the TFR, and is located outside of the TFR area shown on all maps in this post.
The overriding policy for all of the Disney properties in Florida prohibits drones specifically. Check it out:

Reactions: DoomMeister
The overriding policy for all of the Disney properties in Florida prohibits drones specifically. Check it out:
I’m reading your linked page and I don’t see where it says they are prohibited. It even seems to suggest there may even be designated areas where they are expressly allowed. F4683BA8-D467-4503-AAEE-31A260A3505A.jpeg
Nor carry them onto their private property...
Maybe not in the actual park per se but this would seem to indicate you can have them in the hotel. Now I know Animal Kingdom is massive but it would seem to me if you could find a place to take off from off the property there’s nothing that says you couldn’t fly over.

I haven’t been in a long time so maybe this isn’t realistic

I’m reading your linked page and I don’t see where it says they are prohibited. It even seems to suggest there may even be designated areas where they are expressly allowed. View attachment 79374

Maybe not in the actual park per se but this would seem to indicate you can have them in the hotel. Now I know Animal Kingdom is massive but it would seem to me if you could find a place to take off from off the property there’s nothing that says you couldn’t fly over.

I haven’t been in a long time so maybe this isn’t realistic

The first sentence contains prohibited items. The second says bicycles are permitted only in designated areas.

There is NO need for anyone to be rude to the person who started this. [Comment removed by Admin]
Any more discussion about MODERATION etc will result in removal from the forum. BigAl07

Disney owns everything, so anything they don’t run is prohibited.. they are about $$$$ They care about safety because of $$$$. I just came from Disneyworld and while I enjoyed it, I was disturbed by how much it is geared towards making money.. they are not shy and make no attempt to hide it..

I was thinking that it would be really interesting for Disney (to make more money) by offering a drone experience. Whether it’s a location where could fly and pay to get amazing views of the park. Or have drones flown by adult park goers to be a part of the evening show at Epcot. Some kind of drone hands on experience would be really neat at Disney.

The main problem with flying drones at Disney is that we aren’t supposed to fly over people and there are people there all the time. That being said a NFZ SHOULD NOT BE IN PLACE! ( that just leads to more locations proclaiming a need for NFZs) What should happen is enforcement of the law! If people were given hefty fines for flying over people or breaking other FAA LAWS there would be no need for NFZ that people will still break anyway..

Last edited by a moderator:
Permanent TFR is Disney's doing. They control that whole area around Disney California. I worked on the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Project for the last 3 years. They (Disney) lift the Permanent TFR when they want to get professional drone footage. They let the news media in a couple of times and lifted the TFR for them only. It is permanent to EVERYONE but Disney . . .

Reactions: Drgnfli
Permanent TFR is Disney's doing. They control that whole area around Disney California. I worked on the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Project for the last 3 years. They (Disney) lift the Permanent TFR when they want to get professional drone footage. They let the news media in a couple of times and lifted the TFR for them only. It is permanent to EVERYONE but Disney . . .

That is basically how a TFR works. That is what all the stadiums for college and pro sports do. The difference is they have it in effect for a certain period before and after the game. You can always petition for a waiver from the agency that requested the TFR.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I have read that Disney also does thier own programmed multi drone swarm shows and that is perfectly fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom