DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance vs Image Transmission on screen

Gastone360

Reactions
Please, could you explain me the relation between distance and image transmission?
Because I can be 4km away (europe) with a good rc connection signal but with a degradation of image signal on the screen....what happens and why?

thank you very much

Please, could you explain me the relation between distance and image transmission?
Because I can be 4km away (europe) with a good rc connection signal but with a degradation of image signal on the screen....what happens and why?

I'm assuming by when you say "a good rc connection" you actually mean a good control signal from the AC to the RC? If so, you must realize that the bandwidth of the signal requirements for video transmission (for seeing the live view of the AC) vs. the bandwidth requirements for sending the control signal from the RC to the AC and the data return from the AC are actually far lower. This means that the first thing that goes will always be video quality of the live feed, followed by the video feed itself, followed finally by the control signal itself.

Another question... When you lose video trasmission, you will see it at the end on the recorded footage (viewing on pc or TV ecc..) or just on the phone screen but the footage will be recorded well?

Another question... When you lose video trasmission, you will see it at the end on the recorded footage (viewing on pc or TV ecc..) or just on the phone screen but the footage will be recorded well?

The drone keeps recording, even if the image being transmitted to the RC is lost or breaks up. It will be on the SD card and be perfectly recorded. Of course you can't exactly see what you're recording, but it will be there.

Reactions: borzoiboy
Just remember when you start to lose your video feed while flying stop immediately and if it is safe to do so gain altitude. You will most likely regain the video feed. I would not recommend flying any farther. Large dense objects such as boulders or mountains will cut your connection.

Thank you for help. Actually I've never lost video connection, just some 'pixellation' in the video when Mavic is very far from me and I wanted understand if this could inficiate the final video /footage... Or just my viewing in that moment

Reactions: borzoiboy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone