DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distorted video

dragos28

Reactions
So I've had the drone up and around my neighborhood for a few days and it recorded and took beautiful pics and videos.

This weekend on our trip the video was highly unstable, the video shook on screen and the pictures blurry.

Here is what I am referring to

And the pictures took double one clear and one blurry.

84ff3bdc4e8ed8bcf6619148e3652bb2.jpg

I did the gimbal calibration, I had the gimbal stabilizer and cover on during transportation and off during flight.

I formatted the sd card, and also tried pulling video from the SD card, thinking maybe the distortion is from the video transmission. But it is the same straight from the card.

Also tried both on iOS and Android. Same issue, but on Android there were also several times that I could not use the automatic functions, like point of interest or follow me mode. They just didn't work.

All firmware on device and phone are up to date.

I will be contacting dji Monday but if any one else has dealt with this I'd like to hear how it was corrected.

Thanks! i've been doing a lot of reading and found out that this is called the jello effect.

i'm going to assume that it is my fault at this point. on the gimbal i still had the sticker from the factory still on it.
that and i had a small crash landing the day i left on my trip. it was small and insignificant, i ran it back into my a trash can in my driveway and it fell about one foot.

i checked the blades and they all seemed fine, a few scuffs on them.

well i removed the sticker on the gimbal and replaced all four blades and took it up for a fly. no more jello effect.

i'm going to assume that it was the combination of blades that may have thrown a small but noticeable vibration in the drone and possibly the sticker might have caught the wind.

Reactions: FLJeff
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S