DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distortion/ rolling lines in Mavic Pro 2 footage on Auto Setting.(4k/30fps) - NOT JELLO

GT$Hans

Reactions
Hi All,

This is my first post here, i was hoping someone could explain the issue I encountered as I couldn't find any topic addressing the problem i am facing.
While shooting in 4k/30fps on Auto mode, I am seeing high frequency rolling lines on left/right or both sides of the shot. It is NOT jello for sure and it impacts only portions of the frame.
It doesn't happen all the time which makes me doubt if it could be HW (gimble, prop, motor) problem - not sure though. No issues whatsoever in still photos.

Initially i doubted it could be due to the auto settings, because it does seem like something you would see if you record a video in high frame rate in low frequency light source, but I am no expert.

Providing link to a highly affected footage.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Here is my guess: you aren’t using any filters on the camera so your exposure is set really high to compensate. This results in the props being visible during certain maneuvers. It also seems like the video is set to auto focus.
My suggestion: get a ND filter set (or at least a ND16) and turn off the auto settings and go manual.

Reactions: Twocalf
Here is my guess: you aren’t using any filters on the camera so your exposure is set really high to compensate. This results in the props being visible during certain maneuvers. It also seems like the video is set to auto focus.
My suggestion: get a ND filter set (or at least a ND16) and turn off the auto settings and go manual.

No filters. I happened upon a video that suggests it could be prop shadow, which is inline with what you said. I guess that is the reason as I have only seen it when I shoot in particularly late in the day sunny conditions where sun shadow is a major factor, ruined my SFO pier 39 footage which was a huge bummer. Guess i have to take this into account as well.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Anybody else who wants to weigh in, it will be helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes