DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Divine intervention for extreme stupidity

TO PREVENT this situation from occuring again, should you decide to try it again. Simply use a light activated servo pin drop mechanism to fly the line securely over to the location you wish to perform your stunt, perform your stunt, then fly home with the thread and hanging light in tow. When home, activate the drop mechanism by turning on the light on the drone that will activate the servo pin that lets go of line it's holding. Drop the hanging light and thread from about two feet from the ground. THEN you can land your drone without a hazardous thread hanging from under the drone. I know hind site is 20/20. But I would have done it this way, because I use my drones to fish from the shore line. I'll fly out hundreds of feet with the line in tow, while another 4 feet of line with bait is hanging from underneath it. I let go of the line after I almost have none left in the reel, then I fly back to my fishing spot. I hope you try it again. Just get a servo activated dropping mechanism for your drone before you try it again.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
TO PREVENT this situation from occuring again, should you decide to try it again. Simply use a light activated servo pin drop mechanism to fly the line securely over to the location you wish to perform your stunt, perform your stunt, then fly home with the thread and hanging light in tow. When home, activate the drop mechanism by turning on the light on the drone that will activate the servo pin that lets go of line it's holding. Drop the hanging light and thread from about two feet from the ground. THEN you can land your drone without a hazardous thread hanging from under the drone. I know hind site is 20/20. But I would have done it this way, because I use my drones to fish from the shore line. I'll fly out hundreds of feet with the line in tow, while another 4 feet of line with bait is hanging from underneath it. I let go of the line after I almost have none left in the reel, then I fly back to my fishing spot. I hope you try it again. Just get a servo activated dropping mechanism for your drone before you try it again.
I love your solution..
Like u said hindsight is no 20/20 but man
It’s like Duhhhhhhhh..
I should have know…
Lol..
I will let u know how it worked…
Thank you

I just gotta ask. How long does it take to reel in all that line?

I just gotta ask. How long does it take to reel in all that line?
Actually, It doesn't take long at all if I don't have a fish on the other end. It would also depend on how large the fishing line spindle is. I slowly reel my line in over 10 minutes. Oh, maybe your talking about if I catch a fish? In that case, If you catch the fish while the line is all the way out your talking a 10 -15 minute struggle to reel all that line in. 20-30 minutes if its a big fish. Even longer with an even larger fish. Those numbers are given only if I get a bite when the line is fully unreeled. I haven't been lucky enough to catch a super sized fish yet. Maximum length of a fish I caught so far was 2.5-3.0 feet. That took 20-30 minutes. It doesn't feel that long though because of all the excitement.

Actually, It doesn't take long at all if I don't have a fish on the other end. It would also depend on how large the fishing line spindle is. I slowly reel my line in over 10 minutes. Oh, maybe your talking about if I catch a fish? In that case, If you catch the fish while the line is all the way out your talking a 10 -15 minute struggle to reel all that line in. 20-30 minutes if its a big fish. Even longer with an even larger fish. Those numbers are given only if I get a bite when the line is fully unreeled. I haven't been lucky enough to catch a super sized fish yet. Maximum length of a fish I caught so far was 2.5-3.0 feet. That took 20-30 minutes. It doesn't feel that long though because of all the excitement.
2.5-3ft fish is supersized to me. lol. Especially considering I'm vegetarian and the biggest fish I've seen lives in a little tank in my house. lol

Thought this was genius, I've wanted to try it, but always been afraid of the line looping or somehow flipping up into the props.
Perhaps a couple of small split shot along the line would prevent that.
An excellent idea, especially coming up into the wind and having just enough weight to keep the tether steady. Thanks for posting. ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll