DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI 4 app shut down while flying

terradriller

Reactions
Recently the DJI 4 app disconnects while in flight and then reconnects maybe 20 to 30 seconds later. The screen on my tablet goes blank and says disconnected. It started a few weeks ago and now it has be come very unstable and does it several times during flight.

1. Its a Mavic 1

2. Never crashed

3. Running the latest firmware on Mavic

4. I’m using an iPad mini 4 WiFi only

5. Latest software on iPad

6. Unloaded and reloaded DJI 4 on the iPad.

So everything is updated I’ve never had an issues with it in over a year of flying with this setup until now. Any help would be appreciated.

Happy flying..[emoji3]

Have you tried another lightning cable ?

Reactions: Kilrah
Does this happen when flying in an area of no other obvious causes of interference (middle of nowhere)
If so good luck with another cable

No . Good point I'll try that later today. Thanks
I was having that issue once in awhile and would unplug it from under the remote and put it back in
and it would reconnect also and used some DeoxIT on the ends and it stopped also . Hope it does fix ya up .0ROJYyg.png

So I changed the cable to the original that came with the iPad and that seemed to work. If I wiggled the usb end of the cable in the controller with the cable I normally used it would cut out and come back on. I plug in the original cable and wiggle it and it stays on no problem.
Where would i find DeoxIT?
Thanks for the help

Hey dirkclod ... just wanted to let you know that I got a tube of the DeoxIT. I used it on my problem cable and it seems to have fix the problem with it.
Thanks

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey dirkclod ... just wanted to let you know that I got a tube of the DeoxIT. I used it on my problem cable and it seems to have fix the problem with it.
Thanks
Use it on your batteries too . Is good stuff . TJ sent me my first tube and have been sold on it every since .

Guys what are best brand cable out there. I had a similar issue today while flying my MPP and CS monitor, the video started lagging. Switched to another cable and the problem was gone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ