DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Acknowledges Firmware Fix Coming For Dates Being Cleared in 0400

GABarber

Reactions
I posted here yesterday that DJI support acknowledged that a fix is coming for the date being cleared and reset to default 2013 when the smart controller is turned off and on again.

This started with firmware 0400.

In my post, I copied the DJI response verbatim along with and they get-around support suggested.

I must have violated some rule, because the post was removed from the forum.

IS there some rule about quoting DJI Support?

I posted here yesterday that DJI support acknowledged that a fix is coming for the date being cleared and reset to default 2013 when the smart controller is turned off and on again.

This started with firmware 0400.

In my post, I copied the DJI response verbatim along with and they get-around support suggested.

I must have violated some rule, because the post was removed from the forum.

IS there some rule about quoting DJI Support?
The only work around I found is to connect the Smart Controller to your phones hot-spot while flying the controller then embeds the correct data

Reactions: DebianDog
I have been in regular communication with DJI support about my issue with the dates, and they will not acknowledge there was a problem or if it was fixed.. I've been referred to look at the release notes.
You'll notice that in the release notes there are no mentions of any fixes - just new features. I find it hard to believe that no problems were addressed in the update.
So I am guessing its much like Apple where there is a policy of non-acknowledgement of problems.

Out of frustration I went ahead and installed v01.00.0530 - note that this will only install with dji assistant - and will not work on a new mac using usb3 to usb3 - you have to use a dongle and use that charging cable that came with the controller.

After updating, it looks as if the failure to save the date has been corrected.

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242