DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI AIR 2S DEMO/NOT FOR SALE firmware problem

comeleneve

Reactions
Hey everyone, my first time posting here.
Got myself brand new not for sale DJI AIR 2s Drone.
Felt like in heaven but sadly I couldnot fly it at all.
I have connected and updated all fimrware how its supposed to thru DJI FLY.
Current firmware is listed as 09.09.091, which is insane since the newest firmwares listed are 02.04.XXXX.
Also I cant update FLYSAFE , cause it goes for 40% and fails.
I can see through and move the camera around on the phone app, but it will not let me take off.
But I dont have any indication whats wrong, in app TAKEOFF is permitted.
Please help!
I already tried to downgrade firmware in DJI assistant on PC, process is going until 30% then battery dies (this took 2hours)
Also tried Dronehack, but it says that Fw has lower Antirollback value as drone. Need to downgrade via exploit but none available for this drone/firmware combination
Im lost and I dont have hope to fly this drone anymore :(

Attachments

• 20240623_192154.jpg
    20240623_192154.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240623_185335.jpg
    Screenshot_20240623_185335.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240623_185340.jpg
    Screenshot_20240623_185340.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240623_185419.jpg
    Screenshot_20240623_185419.jpg
    973.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240623_185431.jpg
    Screenshot_20240623_185431.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 13
Same as you get new one but with sticker "Not for Sale". Drone has line "Display unit" and remote has "Not for sale"
Where did you get this Drone? If the "display"sticker is on the box it should have dummy written in tiny letters on the skew label. Maybe its a different box? -- Where did you get this Drone? Dummies wont fly the not for sale controller will only work with that displays camera...hence Not for sale.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Try charging the battery, there may be a threshold below which it will not start its motors and 26% is low, especially with what is probably a very old charge.
Flying on an old charge is a risky thing to do and you run the risk of the drone entering a forced landing with virtually NOTHING you can do about it.

Where did you get this Drone? If the "display"sticker is on the box it should have dummy written in tiny letters on the skew label. Maybe its a different box? -- Where did you get this Drone? Dummies wont fly
Some apparently are real drones, the plastic only versions are often listed as Dummy drones.

Reactions: Cafguy
Some apparently are real drones, the plastic only versions are often listed as Dummy drones.
I would think it would be bricked without some sort of Password? I have seen a display with working cameras. At least I THOUGHT it was. It could have been a "real" one unboxed for Display.

Try charging the battery, there may be a threshold below which it will not start its motors and 26% is low, especially with what is probably a very old charge.
Flying on an old charge is a risky thing to do and you run the risk of the drone entering a forced landing with virtually NOTHING you can do about it.
Hi, I tried with 100% battery i only took this screen to show that Takeoff is permitted.

Where did you get this Drone? If the "display"sticker is on the box it should have dummy written in tiny letters on the skew label. Maybe its a different box? -- Where did you get this Drone? Dummies wont fly the not for sale controller will only work with that displays camera...hence Not for sale.
I got it from a guy who i cant reach anymore.

Hi, I tried with 100% battery i only took this screen to show that Takeoff is permitted.
Try a controller calibration, does it show appropriate responses?
Try a known to work correctly controller.

I doubt the DAT is readable but there's nothing to lose by it, get the DAT off the screen device and upload it to here. The DAT is recorded from drone switch on to drone switch off even if the motors are not started.

Small Update : I have tried to use 02.04.2400 with dronehack, maybe i needed to use 02.04.2700 which is possible with DJI assistant but my battery dies on 30%, Ill try downgrade with dronehacks to 02.04.2700

Try a controller calibration, does it show appropriate responses?
Try a known to work correctly controller.

I doubt the DAT is readable but there's nothing to lose by it, get the DAT off the screen device and upload it to here. The DAT is recorded from drone switch on to drone switch off even if the motors are not started.
What is Dat and where it is ?

Glad you got if sorted out

Reactions: sarahb

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint