DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 2s Filters: Polar Pro vs Freewell

gshocked

Reactions
Hi all,

I've got a question about Polar Pro vs the Freewell Filters for da DJI Air 2s.

I'm wondering if I should get the Polar Pro Directors set

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 4.46.00 pm.png

or

the Freewell "all day" pack?

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 4.46.44 pm.png

They're pretty comparable but not perfect sets. The PolarPro should have an ND64PL, while I question the need for a clear CPL from the Freewell?
I've had Polar Pro filters before for my Mavic Pro 1 and purchased the set with the lot, only to find that you only really use a few.
I think that's what Polar Pro has done with this new set.

Could you please share your thoughts, opinions and experience on either?
I'm also interested in hearing if you had to do a lot of color correction with either.

Thank you in advance!!

Hi all,

I've got a question about Polar Pro vs the Freewell Filters for da DJI Air 2s.

I'm wondering if I should get the Polar Pro Directors set

View attachment 130945

or

the Freewell "all day" pack?

View attachment 130946

They're pretty comparable but not perfect sets. The PolarPro should have an ND64PL, while I question the need for a clear CPL from the Freewell?
I've had Polar Pro filters before for my Mavic Pro 1 and purchased the set with the lot, only to find that you only really use a few.
I think that's what Polar Pro has done with this new set.

Could you please share your thoughts, opinions and experience on either?
I'm also interested in hearing if you had to do a lot of color correction with either.

Thank you in advance!!
I bought the Polar Pro as I wanted the advantages the VND provide; without having a variable aperture - it's very easy to just rotate the filer to stop down the light coming into the camera. I valued that more that the ND/64PL and the two high stop 1000 and 2000 filters (that can both be added from freewell for about $40 if desired).

Photo below from my Air 2S using a Polar Pro VND 2-5.

Attachments

• DJI_0431.JPG
    DJI_0431.JPG
    9.6 MB · Views: 29
I bought the Polar Pro as I wanted the advantages the VND provide; without having a variable aperture - it's very easy to just rotate the filer to stop down the light coming into the camera. I valued that more that the ND/64PL and the two high stop 1000 and 2000 filters (that can both be added from freewell for about $40 if desired).

Photo below from my Air 2S using a Polar Pro VND 2-5.

Did you take that photo from a video capture?

I only ask as you said you used the VND 2-5 and it’s intended for video use, not stills.

(The Polar Pro website screen shot says the kit contains “five filters for every filming situation”).

Did you take that photo from a video capture?

I only ask as you said you used the VND 2-5 and it’s intended for video use, not stills.

(The Polar Pro website screen shot says the kit contains “five filters for every filming situation”).
No, not video. I used the filter to stop down the light so the image would not be overexposed; would likely have been fine with stock glass or a CPL - the VND conviently let's me limit light without swapping filters in the field.

The image is ISO 100, 1/250th, f2.8 (no choice of f-stop in the Air 2S, Mavic 2 Pro/Evo 2 Pro I'd have aimed to raise the f-stop while maintaining ISO 100 - I'd get more depth of field but be lugging way more gear).

My ultimate goal is to have a few solid images to print on glass or aluminum for the retirement house; what I'll do when I stop running a team of systems engineers (way more relaxing - about one year to go).

No, not video. I used the filter to stop down the light so the image would not be overexposed; would likely have been fine with stock glass or a CPL - the VND conviently let's me limit light without swapping filters in the field.

The image is ISO 100, 1/250th, f2.8 (no choice of f-stop in the Air 2S, Mavic 2 Pro/Evo 2 Pro I'd have aimed to raise the f-stop while maintaining ISO 100 - I'd get more depth of field but be lugging way more gear).

My ultimate goal is to have a few solid images to print on glass or aluminum for the retirement house; what I'll do when I stop running a team of systems engineers (way more relaxing - about one year to go).

Print on glass? Never heard of that. Sounds interesting!

Print on glass? Never heard of that. Sounds interesting!
Looks very clean, colors are vivid, no concerns about mounting & framing large format prints, image is durable (glass hitting the floor is not - of course). There are many options for digital printing that vary from material printed on, texture and likely more I've not seen yet - canvas is an option too - but I'm more into capturing the resolution than simulating a painting. Whatever is aesthetically pleasing, that will make my wife happy too, will work. :)

Reactions: pommy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada