DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 3 drone, new remote controllers hit the FCC database

combustication

Reactions
From @Quadro_News:
And here's a detailed image of the DJI Air 3's camera and lenses. It's getting closer and closer

Attachments

• Air 3 camera.jpg
    Air 3 camera.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 29
From @Quadro_News:
And here's a detailed image of the DJI Air 3's camera and lenses. It's getting closer and closer
Yeah I'm underwhelmed by the sensors. They are going backwards from 1" in the Air 2S. I get they put two camera but for me I'd rather have single camera larger sensor. Save the multi camera stuff for the Pro and Mavic 3 line.

At this point, we have gimbals easily supporting 2, or even 3, whole cameras. I'd be happier with one sensor and decent optical zoom.

Yeah I'm underwhelmed by the sensors. They are going backwards from 1" in the Air 2S. I get they put two camera but for me I'd rather have single camera larger sensor. Save the multi camera stuff for the Pro and Mavic 3 line.
Werd, brutha!

Put the state of the art 4/3 100MP sensor in with full 8k capable resolution, then crop to zoom at FHD and UHD resolutions, no loss of resolution for the target format. I.e. no bicubic or other lossy blowing up pixels.

At this point, we have gimbals easily supporting 2, or even 3, whole cameras. I'd be happier with one sensor and decent optical zoom.
Optical zoom is a very tough engineering challenge in the short space available for a drone camera gimbal.

Think of 35mm camera zoom lenses... there's a reason they're so long.