DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 3 - UAS Declaration of Compliance

<slightly off topic>
I did update Air2s firmware and changed my Dronezone registration to include my RID serial number.

FYI, I just checked on FAA's DOC serial numbers tab and my Air2s RID serial number does not show there. Which leads me to speculate on where those serial numbers come from. Apparently, not from the dronezone registration database.

Perhaps from a list DJI supplied with their DOC application? If so, the list did not include my serial.

Why? Continuing to speculate, since my A2S was manufactured prior to the Oct. 2022(?) deadline for manufacturers, it wasn't compliant until firmware updates were released. Was that early this year? It didn't show a RID serial number in FLY until I'd updated the firmware. So, perhaps it wouldn't have been included in any DJI-supplied list of RID-compliant serial numbers.
There's a whole thread on the topic and specifically this issue; enjoy:

There's a whole thread on the topic and specifically this issue; enjoy:

Lots more speculation there, because of little info from DJI or FAA. Probably DJI in this case.

Best summary in Post #14:
It's hard to say because no one knows for sure what the serial number range really means or how it is intended to be used.

Idk how this forum works but in case anyone didn’t see my comment I found out yesterday (11/28/2023) that the air 3 is NOW on the faa doc!!!! Happy flying everyone!!!

Idk how this forum works but in case anyone didn’t see my comment I found out yesterday (11/28/2023) that the air 3 is NOW on the faa doc!!!! Happy flying everyone!!!
The Air 3 was listed when it first came out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom