DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 3 - UAS Declaration of Compliance

marshvet

Reactions
Have any of you new Air 3 owners been able to register your drone for compliance? I went to the FAA site and first entered my Serial # and it did not come up. So then I just searched for the Air 3 and I don't see it in the list. Is it just too early? Thanks.

I was able to register the Air 3 through

"It can be updated later"?
Go back to FAA website. Click edit from the drop down menu

1691604954961.png

Then change the remote ID then Save.
1691604996230.png

This is what I mean by updating.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
I have had my Air 3 for a week (brand new). So, not sure why you're not able to register it,
When I go into Drone Zone, I have it registered and confirmed that it has Remote ID. When I go into FAA Declaration of Compliance, the Air 3 does not show up and my serial # does not come up. When I had my Air 2S, I was able to go in there and print out a form showing that it was compliant. That is what I was trying to do. To have a form to show to authorities if asked.

When I go into Drone Zone, I have it registered and confirmed that it has Remote ID. When I go into FAA Declaration of Compliance, the Air 3 does not show up and my serial # does not come up. When I had my Air 2S, I was able to go in there and print out a form showing that it was compliant. That is what I was trying to do. To have a form to show to authorities if asked.
Gotcha

When will the DJI Air 3 be on the UAS DOC RE Remote ID Compliance?
No new submission from DJI since May 2023 could mean either they are forgetting or the person that used to do it has been let go due to the July 2023 fiasco....or maybe there wasn't anyone in particular in charge of this to begin with which is likely how it happened. Either way, DJI probably feels like they are in no hurry with the enforcement date being moved to next year. Not only is the Air 3 not listed but also the DJI FPV which recently got the software update. Between now and the end of the year, a couple big updates are scheduled and it's important for DJI to follow thru on the process and get the DoC accepted (even if that means pushing the FAA to take action after you have already submitted) since ultimately we cannot fully depend on just knowing we have standard RID in our drones.

No new submission from DJI since May 2023 could mean either they are forgetting or the person that used to do it has been let go due to the July 2023 fiasco....or maybe there wasn't anyone in particular in charge of this to begin with which is likely how it happened. Either way, DJI probably feels like they are in no hurry with the enforcement date being moved to next year. Not only is the Air 3 not listed but also the DJI FPV which recently got the software update. Between now and the end of the year, a couple big updates are scheduled and it's important for DJI to follow thru on the process and get the DoC accepted (even if that means pushing the FAA to take action after you have already submitted) since ultimately we cannot fully depend on just knowing we have standard RID in our drones.
What Happened with DJI in July 2023??

Hello Everyone I just got done live chatting with someone from DJI and the agent I was chatting with claimed that they (DJI) are communicating with the FAA about this issue in a timely manner but are unable to give an exact date of when the Air 3 will be on the FAA DOC. Hope this helps!

<slightly off topic>
I did update Air2s firmware and changed my Dronezone registration to include my RID serial number.

FYI, I just checked on FAA's DOC serial numbers tab and my Air2s RID serial number does not show there. Which leads me to speculate on where those serial numbers come from. Apparently, not from the dronezone registration database.

Perhaps from a list DJI supplied with their DOC application? If so, the list did not include my serial.

Why? Continuing to speculate, since my A2S was manufactured prior to the Oct. 2022(?) deadline for manufacturers, it wasn't compliant until firmware updates were released. Was that early this year? It didn't show a RID serial number in FLY until I'd updated the firmware. So, perhaps it wouldn't have been included in any DJI-supplied list of RID-compliant serial numbers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead