DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI alternate

Endeavor

Reactions
I just picked up a Autel Evo which is similar to the MP series. I opted to buy this instead of the MM as it's more of a commercial build and was about the same price. More drone for the money. I would compare it to the MPz in many ways. About the same size, same image quality and similar battery life. On the plus side no restrictions no constant nagging regarding updates. Downside left prop gets into the video at times and you can't run Litchi. Also this one works best with Android as the voice does not work with IOS. It's odd as IOS works flawlessly on the DJI products and Android not so much (if Litchi and the Go app are installed) The EVO has voice feedback which only works with Android also the map trace work sporadically with IOS but perfect with android. So far I give the EVO a single thumbs up and the Mavics two thumbs. Still like the MA as my go to all around fun drone.

I just picked up a Autel Evo which is similar to the MP series. I opted to buy this instead of the MM as it's more of a commercial build and was about the same price. More drone for the money. I would compare it to the MPz in many ways. About the same size, same image quality and similar battery life. On the plus side no restrictions no constant nagging regarding updates. Downside left prop gets into the video at times and you can't run Litchi. Also this one works best with Android as the voice does not work with IOS. It's odd as IOS works flawlessly on the DJI products and Android not so much (if Litchi and the Go app are installed) The EVO has voice feedback which only works with Android also the map trace work sporadically with IOS but perfect with android. So far I give the EVO a single thumbs up and the Mavics two thumbs. Still like the MA as my go to all around fun drone.

Thanks for the info, I'm looking strongly at the Evo 2

Pretty much comparing apples and oranges when you are talking about a MM vs Evo.

Reactions: Capt KO
I bought an EVO a year ago and still own it, just in case. A few additional EVO negatives compared to any M2: EVO gimbal cannot elevate above 90°, unlike all DJI gimbals that can elevate up 30°. Horizontal is the best it can do, so forget making Spherical Panos, that are fully automated on the M2. Realistic EVO flight times are limited to roughly 20 minutes v. 25 minutes. Fastest speed in normal EVO mode is limited to 22mph vs. 31 mph on the M2. Most custom EVO flight settings do not survive a battery change and must be reset after every power cycle. EVO FPV stability beyond 1.5 miles is sketchy at best, with pixelation and freeze ups and complete loss of FPV, instead of solid out to over 5 miles on the M2. EVO range is not much better, even if you are willing to fly blind, compared to over 5 miles on the M2. EVO NFZ warnings cannot be removed from the FPV screen, and will continue to block FPV throughout the flight in any type of restricted zone, without any visual map reference to use to avoid them. There is no EVO optical zoom, only stepped digital zoom. While the EVO does offer a decent 4K 60fps, and will still technically fly in all NFZ's at this time, Autel can flip a switch and retroactively ground all EVO's from flying in any Restricted flight zones, should the FAA mandate NFZ restrictions for drone manufacturers, like China does in China. As indicated, Autel can't still get their iOS act together almost 2 years after the EVO was first released. New M2P's were selling at djidroneservice.com for $150 more than the EVO in December, and are 10x better than the EVO in every way. The overhyped EVO 2 will likely fall flat on its face, once consumers sort the Autel marketing hype from the the reality. Autel promised a 1” EVO within two months of CES in 2018. They still haven't got one! Autel is grossly underfunded and their marketing department constantly makes promises their engineers can't keep! Until Autel actually has drones for sale that truly exceed proven M2 specs in real life, they are just copying DJI 2 years too late. They don't innovate. They copy, and they copy poorly. The M2 target also hasn't moved in almost two years. It hasn't needed to!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ