DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI App Disconnects from Mavic Pro

mgwpro

Reactions
Hey guys!

So I have been flying the Mavic for several years now and it has been very reliable. Recently, I have started having the notorious problem where the "Aircraft Disconnects" message pops up in the app and my screen goes black. Controller is still connected but very frustrating as a videographer because I can't see.

Everything is up to date on phone and DJI app etc. I have deleted video caches, formatted SD several times. I have checked the cables (even switched out the side cable for another one that belongs to a second Mavic I own) and I have a coiled USB to lightning cord on the way from Amazon to see if that helps. However, I flew my second Mavic Pro (different controller + cable + drone) that I have several days ago and had the same app disconnecting issue which makes me think it is some sort of app firmware or even my phone??? I am using an iPhone 11 which is only a few months old.

Very frustrated by this problem because it happens intermittently. Sometimes it will lose connection before I even take off and other times I will be able to fly for a few minutes and other times I don't seem to have an issue. Turning off drone + controller sometimes helps to reconnect but at some point I usually run into the same issue of app disconnecting.

Anyone have any new discoveries on this issue??

Thanks so much!

Have you tried it on another device to isolate the problem to your iphone 11.

Assume you have deleted and reinstalled DJI Go4

My ipad mini does this. i think it is when the processor gets pushed too hard. The iphone 11 processor ought to be just fine. But, try closing all apps except DJI. Turn off anything you don't need: bluetooth, wi-fi, location services for any apps that would be updating in the background, etc.

Also, I think the iOS devices use their SSD storage as a swap file/virtual RAM. If storage is low, it can cause issues. The cache setting in the DJI app can use up a good chunk of storage with a quickness. I backed my cache down to 4 gigs.

I've had that problem occasionally with my M2P. I've done two things--ensure that firmware is up to date, which you said you've done, and buy a new cable. The cables that come with the drone seem pretty cheap. I bought one that connects to the USB port and that seems to help.

Hmm, interesting. My issues are similar but not exactly. Still,..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair