DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI app not responding on smart controller

Floodair

Reactions
My smart controller keeps freezing up with a message that the DJI app isn't responding. I have spent several hours in total on the phone with DJI tech support and they couldn't resolve the issue. Very frustrated at this point with DJI. Their tech support is useless. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so did you figure out a fix for it?

Yes, the fly app and I downloaded the latest version.
I could be wrong because I don't use the fly app, but I thought the only fly app made to work with the SC is the one that comes with the firmware update. I think the latest update was in with the 0880 version update. The other versions on play store aren't made to work on the Smart Controller. I think I read that somewhere recently.
If that's the case, you may need to reset the Smart Controller and just install the latest update only.
Just a thought...

Thanks for the info. I have yhe latest update and firmware. It's just so frustrating when DJI tech support can't help me.

I could be wrong because I don't use the fly app, but I thought the only fly app made to work with the SC is the one that comes with the firmware update.
Recent versions of Fly made available for standalone download on the DJI site work fine with the SC. Mine is running 1.2.4.

My smart controller keeps freezing up with a message that the DJI app isn't responding. I have spent several hours in total on the phone with DJI tech support and they couldn't resolve the issue. Very frustrated at this point with DJI. Their tech support is useless. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so did you figure out a fix for it?
I was flying this morning and my smart controller locked up and there was nothing I could do to get it to unfreeze. I had to close the app and restart it again. Was a bit nerve-wracking because I was in the midst of bringing it home as the battery was getting low. I am debating on going back to the standard controller.

Had the little window pop-up with the "Dji Fly not responding, Close or Wait?" I choose to wait. Can not really say IF it worked after that or not, the little window went away and I kept flying. It has done it about three or four times. SC has latest update, and when I try to update again, it says the program on the SC IS the latest. I have been thinking about deleting the current one, and try to update again??? Don't know how to delete it on SC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair