DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 (not assistant Mavic) for Air (original)

Red Dwarf

Reactions
Hello all, I have an original Mavic Air. After upgrading to a new computer that runs on Apple OS Big Sur for Mac, I no longer am able to use the original download for Assistant 2 that I had been using with my Mavic Air. I can get the download but it won't install. I keep running into "download HoRNDIS..." However, when I try to download HoRNDIS I receive the pop-up that tells me it is not compatible with my system.
Does anyone know a solution to this problem? A workaround or whatever? I really don't want to stop using my Air unit. I still feel that it is more capable with all of its features than the new Air 2 or of course the Mini or mini 2.

I guess it's an M1 mac?
Will probably have to use another computer if you need Assistant, but you shouldn't need it to use it in the first place...

Kilrah, thank you for your reply.
Not an M1 Mac but it is running Mac OS Big Sur. I'm thinking I should at times need to use it for sensor calibration for sure(when needed) and possibly other settings not available in Go 4. I also prefer to do updates with Assistant vs. with the Go 4 app.
I'll wait and see if anyone else has any other thoughts. Thanks again for your reply. Safe flyin' to ya.

There isn't really anything that's available in assistant and not in GO4, and sensor calibration... never had to do one on any of my many DJI aircraft, so you should not need that anytime soon. Can always find someone with another machine to use in case...

That is a thought to keep in mind, thanks. I did have to calibrate the sensors once so far. It was a while back. Probably about a year after I bought the unit. I have had this bird for about 2.5 years now. Noisy? Heck yes! Fun and really functional? For dang sure! Thx again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan