DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji assistant 2 setup

wytnyt

Reactions
ive looked at tons of thread without help but dji assistant will not work
ive tried 4 different computers,tons of cords that i know are data cables but i dont get any ''usb device'' connecting and in dji assistant 2 all i see is a computer with usb cord with arrows pointing to the computer
jeezus this cant be this hard,im getting msdos notification of drivers being installed with no errors
does the rc need to be turned on also?
my mavic will not synch with the rc in my bedroom so could interference cause this even tho its a hard wire connection,i wouldnt think so but im grasping here
can anyone help thats had this issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: jmorse62
OK. Try this

im using WIN7 which asks for device install permission,which of course i allow with no errors

The problem really comes down to each and every PC is different.

I had a friend that always ALWAYS had issues with his PC when we wanted to play an online game or something. He would bring it over and show me all that he had installed. After about a year, I bought him a new PC and told him that he could not install jack on the new one... lol.. but he could do whatever he liked on "his", so "I" did not have to spend all my time fixing "his".

My desktop is a hoss of a PC, Alienware Aurora... but will not run the DJI assistant because it had an issue when it installed with the bigfoot network card driver. No matter what I did, would not work.

It installed perfectly on the crappy laptop I have.

My point being, what works for one person may not work for you.

Plug a USB thumb drive into the same USB slot you want to use on the PC. If it sees it, the USB slot works. Then try to poer a device with the same usb slot and cable you want to connect to the Drone. If it works, i.e. the phone is seen or whatever you use...the cable works.

Then reconnect the drone. If it fails, then you need to locate the usb driver for the drone.

At least you can narrow it down. Manually install the files DJI states are needed. If none of the previous stuff works, swap stuff out til they do in that order.

Good Luck!

Russ

Reactions: wytnyt
The problem really comes down to each and every PC is different.

I had a friend that always ALWAYS had issues with his PC when we wanted to play an online game or something. He would bring it over and show me all that he had installed. After about a year, I bought him a new PC and told him that he could not install jack on the new one... lol.. but he could do whatever he liked on "his", so "I" did not have to spend all my time fixing "his".

My desktop is a hoss of a PC, Alienware Aurora... but will not run the DJI assistant because it had an issue when it installed with the bigfoot network card driver. No matter what I did, would not work.

It installed perfectly on the crappy laptop I have.

My point being, what works for one person may not work for you.

Plug a USB thumb drive into the same USB slot you want to use on the PC. If it sees it, the USB slot works. Then try to poer a device with the same usb slot and cable you want to connect to the Drone. If it works, i.e. the phone is seen or whatever you use...the cable works.

Then reconnect the drone. If it fails, then you need to locate the usb driver for the drone.

At least you can narrow it down. Manually install the files DJI states are needed. If none of the previous stuff works, swap stuff out til they do in that order.

Good Luck!

Russ
good info
i have several computers in which none worked,i mainly use tablets for portability but i remembered i had stuffed an old laptop on the shelves in the basement,it even had some moo juice in it,i fired it up, connected the mavic and it showed the drives-woohoo-installed dji assistant without any driver popups but dji still didnt work ...and yes it quit as the battery died,now to try and find the charger

One last thing:

If the usb slot works, and the cable works, and you get through the install and see the DJI login in the ap, but the captcha does not appear...try this:

Pretend you do not have a DJI account and create a new one in the DJI Assistant app. If it logs you in (because it does not need a captcha for new accounts), then look through the windows events logs and you will probably find an error message under applications or system, I forget which.

Try launching the app and closing it a few times and you will probably generate a pattern of errors that show either a conflict with the dji app and/or an app and a network-ish driver.

I have not fixed that issue myself, but I have a new network card handy when I take time to reboot.. heh

Russ

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhinodrone