DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant for M2Z.

Rick243

Reactions
I have my M2Z up and running beautifully, and now I want to explore using the DJI assistant software. The upload page states the software is not compatible with macOS 11 or later versions, which rules out my new MacBook Air. There is a note stating that "This issue will be resolved in a future update". The version date is 2020-8-05, so I assume the future update never happened? At this point I am afraid to install the assistant program , thinking it may cause problems or won't work anyway. Am I going to have to go backwards and find an older computer?

Today the Mavic 2 series is considered as old ( ;) ) ... wouldn't expect any craft firmware update releases, it is what it is today. Furthermore the app you use with it is DJI GO 4 ... which also is something no newer model use, all so far have been released with the DJI FLY app instead, even the Mavic 3 ... so don't expect something serious to be changed in the app either.

The DJI Assistant program for the Mavic 2 series is most probably treated in a similar way by DJI as the craft firmware & the app ... DJI focus on the newer models now, so if you want to use it you need to get compatible equipment.

Also when it comes to the DJI Assistant ... it's not much to explore there. You mainly have 2 useful functions & one of no use to you.

-There you can check for & update the craft & controller firmware's by connecting the craft or controller via usb to your computer ... but as I said don't expect that DJI will release anything new for an older model, and the GO 4 app will be able to see & update your hardware if something new will be released.

-You can in Assistant also calibrate the vision sensors ... can be needed sometimes & the app usually tells you if that's necessary. Don't really know of any alternative to calibrate elsewhere than in Assistant ... so if the need arises you will need to get access to DJI Assistant.

-You can also there extract the flight logs stored in the Mavic 2 itself ... but they aren't of any use to you as they are encrypted & can only be read by DJI staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick243
Today the Mavic 2 series is considered as old ( ;) ) ... wouldn't expect any craft firmware update releases, it it what it is today. Furthermore the app you use with it is DJI GO 4 ... which also is something no newer model use, all so far have been released with the DJI FLY app instead, even the Mavic 3 ... so don't expect something serious to be changed in the app either.

The DJI Assistant program for the Mavic 2 series is most probably treated in a similar way by DJI as the craft firmware & the app ... DJI focus on the newer models now, so if you want to use it you need to get compatible equipment.

Also when it comes to the DJI Assistant ... it's not much to explore there. You mainly have 2 useful functions & one of no use to you.

-There you can check for & update the craft & controller firmware's by connecting the craft or controller via usb to your computer ... but as I said don't expect that DJI will release anything new for an older model, and the GO 4 app will be able to see & update your hardware if something new will be released.

-You can in Assistant also calibrate the vision sensors ... can be needed sometimes & the app usually tells you if that's necessary. Don't really know of any alternative to calibrate elsewhere than in Assistant ... so if the need arises you will need to get access to DJI Assistant.

-You can also there extract the flight logs stored in the Mavic 2 itself ... but they aren't of any use to you as they are encrypted & can only be read by DJI staff.
Thanks for the insight. I do have an older windows pc that I can use. As for the M2 zoom being older, I know they stopped listing them for sale on the DJI site, but they are still out there
for sale NIB from some DJI stores, where I found mine. I hope DJI will still support them and honor any warranty issues?
I looked at the M3 before I purchased the m2z, just couldn't see paying almost $3k when I got the m2z for around $1300. Im just a hobbyist and use it to patrol my farms as well. After flying a Phantom 2 vision + for a few years it became evident that I needed a zoom lens so I found the m2z.

Reactions: Bobvt
...I hope DJI will still support them and honor any warranty issues?
They will for sure ... but all development is most probably ended by now, add a couple more years & you will start to note that you can't find any new batteries to buy anywhere.

"Assistant 2 for Mavic" used to update firmware and No flyzones.
If you do not carryout the updates you will eventually get firmware incompatible error messages.

I don't use MACs so cannot comment on that aspect in IOS.
The old "Assistant 2" program can be used to do a factory reset and other hacks if you are in to that approach.

"Assistant 2 for Mavic" used to update firmware and No flyzones.
If you do not carryout the updates you will eventually get firmware incompatible error messages.
Yep ... all that's correct, but not much is coming the Mavic 2 way regarding firmware updates anymore & if it comes some more smaller fix or if the Fly safe material need to be updated it will work over the app on the RC connected to the M2.

For calibrating the vision sensors the DJI Assistant 2 is vital though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada