DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care after small collision - dron is in perfect condition

radzion

Reactions
I have had a mini 2 drone for a while. Drone in perfect condition and very little flown. Recently, I checked something at home, picked up the drone and after a while of flying I caught the propeller on the cabinet. The aircraft fell from approximately 1.5m to the ground. Nothing happened to him, he works, there are no traces of a collision, there were no alarms in the application and there was no need to calibrate anything. I only replaced a damaged propeller. There is only a record with an orange triangle icon in the DJI Assistant app. Unfortunately, I have not bought DJI Care before. After this little incident, I seriously considered the option of purchasing DJI Care Refresh in case of other, perhaps more serious, incidents. Will I be able to buy DJI Care after the above incident? I know that over 48 hours you can buy DJI Care Refresh, but verification is required - screen recording from the application, etc. As I wrote - the drone is fully operational and it will certainly pass such verification without a problem. The question is - will there be any problems if I want to use DJI Care in the future (hopefully it is not necessary)? Can DJI refuse, for example, to replace it because the drone fell earlier? I would like to emphasize that the drone does not show any signs of a collision and is fully operational.

If you can satify DJI that it is air worthy enough for them to allow you to buy care refresh then I see no reason for them to query a subsequent claim unless the small print requires that you declare all known accidents during the purchase of the insurance and you failed to do so.
Could they check up on you? If you sync your flight logs, probably
If you do not sync your flight logs and send them only the flight logs that are relevant to the claim then it maybe that the only other data that they could get would be from the drone itself.
I do not know how great the storage space for flight logs on the drone is BUT the DAT files on the drone that we, the public, can access (BUT NOT READ) take up limited space and it looks, from what I have seen, that old logs are over written as and when the space is needed for new logs.

HOWEVER
......ything. I only replaced a damaged propeller. Ther.....
by "propeller" do you mean one blade or both blades, you should replace BOTH blades even if only one is damaged, they are likely balanced/matched and at 12,000rpm such matching could count.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can satify DJI that it is air worthy enough for them to allow you to buy care refresh then I see no reason for them to query a subsequent claim unless the small print requires that you declare all known accidents during the purchase of the insurance and you failed to do so.
Could they check up on you? If you sync your flight logs, probably
If you do not sync your flight logs and send them only the flight logs that are relevant to the claim then it maybe that the only other data that they could get would be from the drone itself.
I do not know how great the storage space for flight logs on the drone is BUT the DAT files on the drone that we, the public, can access (BUT NOT READ) take up limited space and it looks, from what I have seen, that old logs are over written as and when the space is needed for new logs.

HOWEVER

by "propeller" do you mean one blade or both blades, you should replace BOTH blades even if only one is damaged, they are likely balanced/matched and at 12,000rpm such matching could count.
Unfortunately, the log from the time it fell to the top of the list in DJI Assistant. I don't know if it will overwrite at all.

Of course, both propeller blades are replaced - complete set. I wanted to replace it with the other 3 engines but they are in perfect condition.

I have had a mini 2 drone for a while. Drone in perfect condition and very little flown. Recently, I checked something at home, picked up the drone and after a while of flying I caught the propeller on the cabinet. The aircraft fell from approximately 1.5m to the ground. Nothing happened to him, he works, there are no traces of a collision, there were no alarms in the application and there was no need to calibrate anything. I only replaced a damaged propeller. There is only a record with an orange triangle icon in the DJI Assistant app. Unfortunately, I have not bought DJI Care before. After this little incident, I seriously considered the option of purchasing DJI Care Refresh in case of other, perhaps more serious, incidents. Will I be able to buy DJI Care after the above incident? I know that over 48 hours you can buy DJI Care Refresh, but verification is required - screen recording from the application, etc. As I wrote - the drone is fully operational and it will certainly pass such verification without a problem. The question is - will there be any problems if I want to use DJI Care in the future (hopefully it is not necessary)? Can DJI refuse, for example, to replace it because the drone fell earlier? I would like to emphasize that the drone does not show any signs of a collision and is fully operational.
I have DJI Care Refresh on all three of my Mini-2s. I highly recommend it.

IIRC there was some rule that I had to buy it within some short period after activating the drone. I'm not sure how it would work with an "after the fact" purchase of DJI Care.

Please report back what you find out!

Thx,

TCS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll