DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care "Binding"

Chaosrider

Reactions
I bought a second Mini-2, and got the DJI Care coverage for it as well. However, I've seen in a couple of places that I need to "bind" the coverage to the specific drone.

I'm happy to do that, but I've found no clear instructions about how to do it!

Does anyone know the step-by-step process that you need to take to do the "binding" required to make the flyaway coverage active? If so, please post it here!

So far I like both DJI products and DJI support a great deal, but the documentation could use a fair amount of work. It seems like a lot of interim steps get left out. Perhaps I'm jaded by the fact that I wrote technical process and operations documents for over a decade in my early career...

Thx!

TCS

Call or write DJI support. They're pretty responsive with stuff like this.

Yes, I did that. They are generally very good and responsive, but the answer I got to this question wasn't clear. So, I've asked them again. I'm sure they'll get back to me at some point.

I guess I'll just fly more timidly until that happens...

;-)

TCS

I think you go online, log into you DJI account, then go to "my account" and look for the order. It should provide a button to bind the coverage to your account. If not, take the specific information from that and again write DJI and tell them you cannot figure out how to bind this order to your drone registered to your account. They should be able to bind it or specifically guide you from there.

Yes, I did that. They are generally very good and responsive, but the answer I got to this question wasn't clear. So, I've asked them again. I'm sure they'll get back to me at some point.

I guess I'll just fly more timidly until that happens...

;-)

TCS
I just simply googled it and got a bunch of how to's, here is but one:

Reactions: dawgpilot
Mystery solved.

I only found the "Bind Now" button after the entire system---drone, controller, and phone---was fully connected and powered on. I saw the button on the screen, punched it, and after a few seconds, it said that the binding was successful.

I guess I'm just seriously not used to having to do that kind of thing "live". That kind of administrative task is exactly the kind of thing I want to do "pre-fire-up". Off-line. IIRC there are some flight settings that you can't do until full connection and power-up either.

And, many thanks to Repaid1, but I'm old fashioned enough that I very strongly prefer documents to videos, when I'm looking to find out how to do something. The rest of the world is, or course, leaving me far behind in that regard.

I guess I'll keep my eye out for things in the future, that I can't find. Hook everything up, and look again. And just a few minutes after the binding was done, it looked like I was going to need the flyaway coverage!

TCS

I believe the reason it needs to be connected is because that information needs to be stored on both the drone and the controller. If you're offline, the drone "doesn't get the message."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61