DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh.... worth it? (Mavic 3 Pro)

It's cheaper than having to fork out for a new drone if you wreck a drone but still, with the insurance's purchase price and the excess, it's not cheap.
With the insurance's purchase price and the excess it may also work out cheaper to pay the going rate for some repairs rather than the excess and or the total cost of the insurance's purchase price and the excess ........
But if you had a BAD crash that does wreck the drone you can not buy care refresh 'after the fact' so it's a bit of a gamble.

Like @Yorkshire_Pud says, some repairs are about the same as the Care Refresh cost. I recently had an Air 2S in for repair and the Care Refresh was $119 and the repair cost was $131 so a difference of $12. It really depends on how badly mangled your drone is, most of the repair costs are pretty reasonable.

I think it depends on if it's your first Drone or not. I had a couple of other cheaper drones first, did the stupid things and lost or crashed them on occasion. When I got the DJI I had that all out of the way and was much more patient and careful about the details. That was 4 years ago and I didn't get the care/refresh (insurance) on it, and never needed it. It has always flown flawlessly and I stay well clear of any obstacles. Most so called "fly aways" are simply because folks took off in an area near metal that messed with the compass or they didn't wait for a proper GPS lock. It's an insurance policy against doing stupid things. Sometimes I guess need that.

I purchased the one year care for my Mavic 3 Classic, not for the crash protection, after 5 years of flying I'm far less concerned about pilot error and more concerned about warrantied aircraft hardware failures. With the 1 year care (if I never use it) I get an extra full year of warranty against defects which is my only concern. It's a relatively expensive aircraft (compared to my other birds which do not have the Care plan) and IMO it was a wise investment.

I have always taken out Care Refresh on new drones, yet I have never used my refresh plans once. Basically as others have said, it's like insurance - it's there if you need it.

Since I am an experienced flier, I usually only take out the 1 year plan and don't renew it for the second year.

Does it make me a more adventurous, risky flier - no, I still fly the same whether or not I have the plan or not, but it does provide peace-of-mind in case of the unknown like a bird strike, etc.

Chris

Reactions: 3rdof5
Thanks all. Yep, we are all of the same mind. I am a very experienced flier, I have my part 107 license etc. This is my fourth DJI drone, (P4P x2 , M2P, and now M3P). I too bought the Care Refresh for another drone and never used it once. I would prefer to have it (wouldn't we all?) but not sure I can justify the costs (since I'm spent on just the M3P and a few extra batteries).

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. Onward and Upward.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I know "it depends" can be an irritating response, but sometimes, it's appropriate

if you're talking about a Mini 2 or Mini 3, getting the full 2 year plan might be overkill. But for a new Mavic 3 Pro, I think a Care Refresh plan is just smart insurance.

keep in mind, the "flyaway' coverage requires a much higher replacement cost, but it's still only about 1/3 of the new drone price

I'd say, if you fly over country where a crash might make recovery difficult or nearly impossible, or if you fly over bodies of water that are deep, definitely get Care Refresh. And if you have several drones, including any expensive ones, you might want to investigate a blanket policy or homeowner's extension from a company like State Farm

I know "it depends" can be an irritating response, but sometimes, it's appropriate

if you're talking about a Mini 2 or Mini 3, getting the full 2 year plan might be overkill. But for a new Mavic 3 Pro, I think a Care Refresh plan is just smart insurance.

keep in mind, the "flyaway' coverage requires a much higher replacement cost, but it's still only about 1/3 of the new drone price

I'd say, if you fly over country where a crash might make recovery difficult or nearly impossible, or if you fly over bodies of water that are deep, definitely get Care Refresh. And if you have several drones, including any expensive ones, you might want to investigate a blanket policy or homeowner's extension from a company like State Farm
Good Advise, however, State Farm and Home Owner's do not cover commercial use. And those with the M3 Pro will most likely be 107 and used commerically.

Hi all... finding the details and the "gotyas" in any warranty plan is not easy... wondering what your thoughts are about the DJI Care Refresh?
All insurance is a gamble but in my experience of three claims , I would recommend getting the Care Refresh. I have never regretted it.

I think I need to bit the bullet and get the 2 year DJI Care Refresh for $400. I'm really trying to get the most out of this Mavis 3 Pro and RC Pro controller and have had some close calls already.

Any advise before I send the CC info?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne