DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care refresh

rscheff

Reactions
Has anyone recently used the care refresh program? I heard that it was taking months for them to replace a drone and that they are very strict on the contract. One of the conditions is that the drone may not have been altered or opened up. Does anyone know if this is true. I crashed my drone a few times and had to open it up to repair, has anyone had a similar situation? I have contacted DJI but have not heard anything yet.

Has anyone recently used the care refresh program? I heard that it was taking months for them to replace a drone and that they are very strict on the contract. One of the conditions is that the drone may not have been altered or opened up. Does anyone know if this is true. I crashed my drone a few times and had to open it up to repair, has anyone had a similar situation? I have contacted DJI but have not heard anything yet.
This is part of the agreement I was emailed (for when I purchased it)that I’ve copied and pasted for you what’s not covered. I want to say they will decline the coverage due to you opening it and doing self repairs. A company like Sony if you open a PlayStation to do self repairs (they know by the factory seal being cut or removed) you forfeit the warranty. I can’t give you a definite yes or no for DJI.

The scenarios listed below are not covered by the replacement service:

1) The part is not covered by the replacement service.
2) Damage to a non-DJI product
3) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.
4) When using the product accidental damage service, some or all of the DJI product’s parts that are covered by the replacement service are lost.
5) Some or all of the DJI product’s parts that are covered by the replacement service have been stolen, looted, or discarded.
6) Damage to accessories and/or the gimbal caused by unauthorized repair.
7) Flyaway occurs after the account binding or remote controller binding is not enabled.
8) Damage to the DJI product caused by installation, usage, or operation not in accordance with the user manual’s recommendations.
9) Damage to the DJI product caused by using the product to engage in illegal activities.
10) Direct or indirect loss caused by natural disaster, war, military action, riot, coup, terrorist activities, etc.
11) Technical enhancements or performance improvements for DJI product provided at an extra fee.
12) Indirect loss and/or anticipated profit in any form.
13) Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the DJI product.
14) Any litigation, arbitration and/or any other legal fees relating to replacement service.

IV. Termination of Replacement Service

1. DJI has fully fulfilled the obligations of DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) replacement service, and the replacement service will be terminated under one of the following circumstances:

1) The agreed replacement service validity period has been reached.
2) The replacement times have been used up.
3) The customer voluntarily applies to withdraw from DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) and it has been confirmed by DJI.

2. DJI has the right to refuse to provide or terminate the replacement service under the following situations:

1) Products are purchased from non-DJI official or authorized channels.
2) DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) and the corresponding product are not purchased from the same country or region.
3) The service is applied for outside of the coverage area.
4) The date when you apply for the replacement is not within the period of validity of your replacement service.
5) Failure to apply for the replacement service in accordance with the service process.
Return and Transfer of DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan)

If your DJI product is returned according to DJI’s Return Policy, you can also apply to return your DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan).

If your DJI product has not been returned, or the replacement service under DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) has been used, then you cannot return DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan).

DJI Care Refresh (1-Year Plan) cannot be transferred after purchase.

I contacted DJI today and they said there was no problem with me fixing the drone and sent me a link to apply for my re-placement drone. I sent it out with a label they sent me and they said expect 3 to 4 days on each end, so approximately 7 days for the replacement to arrive. We will see>

I contacted DJI today and they said there was no problem with me fixing the drone and sent me a link to apply for my re-placement drone. I sent it out with a label they sent me and they said expect 3 to 4 days on each end, so approximately 7 days for the replacement to arrive. We will see>
That’s great to hear. It shows this company cares unlike others. How did it crash because I’m very cautious about flying my drone further then a open field haha. I do have the warranty but still feel uneasy about it.

I was not sending drone in for a crash. Within the last 3 days every time I fly it I rev. an error msg. that gimbal motor overload. When I landed the drone in my hand it was humming and vibrating in the gimbal area. I did over the phone assessments and was finally advised to return the drone. My concern was, and I brought this up with the tech, that I had in the past, crashed the drone and fixed it myself. I had at least 3 crashes, 1) a crow attacked it causing it to fall from about 100 feet. the gimbal was completely disconnected from the drone body so I took it apart and epoxied it back together. It worked fine. Another crash I flew it directly into a brick bldg. in S mode. This again broke the gimbal and one leg. I replaced the leg and glued it all back together. The third crash happened around dusk. I flew it into a tight area with not much light and the sensors must have been affected negatively because it became completely uncontrollable and crashed again. I often joke with my son that my drone is heavier now than his because of all the epoxy on it. All this happened around 9 months ago and this is what I told the tech at DJI. The issue I was having now had nothing to do with the previous crashes. He agreed and told me to send it in and he would take care of it. But who knows what will really happen. I would be happy as hell to get a new drone, but even if they just fix it the warranty is still active and will not cost me anything to fix it.

Well like I said, that is one tech saying this, who knows if he will be the one who gets it. It's night I am in MA, same time zone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka