DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI care vs. wing-and-a-prayer for Mavic 3.

Grtday

Reactions
Shall I invest $400 for 2 years of DJI care or cross my fingers and hope not to crash?
We all know how complex and tempermental these birds can be, so is the DJI care worth it with a $159 replacement cost?
How expensive is a crash?
Thanks to all!

Like most insurance, the buyer needs to factor in risk and piece of mind. That's part of the equation. When I fly, I like to know that no matter how severe the crash or how extensive the damage, I'm covered. I would rather not pickup the wreckage and then have to go thru the mental anguish of how much this is going to cost me. When you see the camera gimbal dangling (which it always does), that right there should be enough to tell you what to do. DJI Care Refresh give you flyaway coverage AND it extends your manufacturer's warranty by an additional year. Add up all those and see if it amounts to $200/year. For me, it's a Mavic3Pro no-brainer.

@Grtday you are simply investing in the fact, that if you were to loose or crash the drone, then a replacement would be on its way to you

Reactions: 3rdof5
How expensive is a crash?
Depends on the crash damage. Could be under 500.00 and very well could exceed the 500.00 mark. I tend to not buy insurance and that may be part of why I am very cautious in how I fly.
Your call and your wallet. Hopefully the correct decision will come to you.

I went with a care package. Too many unanticipated things can happen. Helps me fly calm which makes me a better pilot

Reactions: 3rdof5
I went with a care package. Too many unanticipated things can happen. Helps me fly calm which makes me a better pilot
Wise choice on all points.

State Farm tried and true ,I feel safe they have had my back in the past ,one note though this is for hobbyists only

If you haven't crashed at least once then you're not flying enough. Some sort of insurance is a no brainer, especially for the Mavic 3 series. Too many unanticipated things can happen that may be completely out of your control, such as birds, wind gusts, and that tiny thin branch/wire that's not seen on the controller's displayed until it's too late.

Always bought Refresh but now realize DJI repairs/replace damaged drones for same $ anyways. Çoin flip. Used both

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne