DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji care....

Crofterkw3

Reactions
Hi all.

About to purchase an air and was going to get the DJI care thing, it's a very basic description on the site but from the people that have used it what's the good and bad points?

Many thanks I advance

Dave

Last edited:
Hi all.

About to purchase an air and was going to get the DJI care thing, it's a very basic description on the site but from the people that have used it what's the good and bad points?

Many thanks I advance

Dave
I bought DJICare on my MPP. After I had it about 4-5 weeks I hung it in a tree and it was damaged when it fell out while I was getting a ladder. I followed the online process and 7 days later I had a brand new one (looked new and no “R” in the serial). They had already registered it to my DJICare policy. Process was painless for me. So I like it and will likely do the “refresh” at the end of the policy. Many have found less expensive options through insurance companies, but the monthly does add up over time. Others have related less than optimal outcomes. This is about as complete as I can get. Whatever you do have fun flying AFTER you read the online complete manual.

Reactions: Crofterkw3
Suggest you consider State Farm Insurance if in US. A fraction of DJI Refresh price, NO deductible, Full replacement cost and best of all if if you are unable to recover the UAV you still get your check.

RE: State Farm Insurance
My agent tells me that the policy can be written several different ways. The most common is a $60. No deductible for a UAV with a value under x. $ (don’t remember price point). My agent worked for me, I have coverage on a P4P, MA, Goggles, three hard cases, filters, and everything else. $65. per year no deductible and replacement value. She said the deference is many agents are to lazy to work for the small commission on a stand alone Personal Artifacts Policy. I personally talked with three other agents who said WE DO NOT INSURE DRONES and a fourth told me $100. DEDUCTIBLE AND YOU CAN ONLY INSURE ONE DRONE. The Insurance company is only as good as your agent.

@ bigbird48 did you talk with any other agents?

RE: State Farm Insurance
My agent tells me that the policy can be written several different ways. The most common is a $60. No deductible for a UAV with a value under x. $ (don’t remember price point). My agent worked for me, I have coverage on a P4P, MA, Goggles, three hard cases, filters, and everything else. $65. per year no deductible and replacement value. She said the deference is many agents are to lazy to work for the small commission on a stand alone Personal Artifacts Policy. I personally talked with three other agents who said WE DO NOT INSURE DRONES and a fourth told me $100. DEDUCTIBLE AND YOU CAN ONLY INSURE ONE DRONE. The Insurance company is only as good as your agent.

@ bigbird48 did you talk with any other agents?
My agent wasn’t keen on insuring my drone. Called several times and got several reasons why they couldn’t finally they said the policy didn’t meet the minimum charge so I could add other things to it to make it work. I was talking to his sub agents (idk what they’re actually called) and they couldn’t answer much and kept trying to get me to add stuff to insure. Was waiting for a call back from the actual agent to discuss just charging me the $60 like most people do when my MA dropped connection and flew into a tree.

After arguing for a couple of days with DJI and $350 later I wish I’d just have gone with DJI care for however long it lasts.

Once the replacement drone comes Monday I will definitely be adding DJI care to it and also hounding my agent to insure it. DJI care Incase it breaks again, State Farm Incase it flys away and I can’t find it. I’m into this thing $1200 and that’s a lot to invest and lose.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista