DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Claims Mavic Air 2 will no longer ascend on RTH

I think ‘distance’ should be ‘horizontal distance’. Once I had my M2P at about 30 m AGL and 3m horizontal distance, did RTH and it landed straight away.

I think ‘distance’ should be ‘horizontal distance’. Once I had my M2P at about 30 m AGL and 3m horizontal distance, did RTH and it landed straight away.
I thought it was pretty clear that :horizontal" distance was what was meant.

So I just got off the phone with DJI, I purchased a new Mavic Air 2 yesterday and was out testing this morning. This is my first advanced drone but I have been flying advanced RC for years. I noticed my Mavic will not ascend to the RTH set Altitude before heading to the home point. I set it for 100' and the drone was only about 20' off the ground and when I went to use RTH it did not climb it just started flying straight to the home point at the 20' height. So DJI is claiming that the new firmware will no longer let the drone ascend it will only fly straight to the Home Point, they claimed that if you are above that preset RTH height that it will now descend if your about it. This is the total opposite of all the videos and demos I have watched. They said that this went in to effect about 2 months ago. Has anyone else experienced this?
Same thing has been happening to me.