DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI CrystalSky 5.5" High-Brightness Monitor

Almost the perfect piece of kit for my set-up but unfortunately not quite. Thanks again though Porky for the info! Any idea if the new Smart Controller has the ability of a truly clean HDMI output?

Almost the perfect piece of kit for my set-up but unfortunately not quite. Thanks again though Porky for the info! Any idea if the new Smart Controller has the ability of a truly clean HDMI output?

Yes it does. You have the option of JUST the clear video from the drone or mirroring the screen. I tried both of it - works great - and of course it also works with RE Goggles attached via HDMI if you so desire.

The CS screen of the Smart Controller is very bright. Tested it today in bright sunlight surrounded by blinding snow while wearing my strong (also polarized Maui Jim Sunglasses). Turned it to max brightness and got a very clear view without viewing stress. One of the issues noted by testers is the high gloss screen surface causing reflections to be visible and possibly interfere. I talked to NuShield support to find a fitting DayVue protective shield and they got back to me with a part number that will fit nearly perfectly: NU308A for $18.80. Just ordered a couple of these.

Reactions: RogerMav

Sorry don’t really know much about them other than the screen brightness is the same at 1000Nits but if you went for the “all singing, all dancing” CS monitor its 2000Nits..

Remember you can use the CS on more than one Dji drone where as the smart controller is limited;)

Sorry it doesn’t fit your requirements but it was fun trying to help you out;) hope you get something sorted Thumbswayup

Thanks again for all your help Porky. It would be fantastic to have a totally clean output, so annoying the CS doesn’t allow this. The question is now, is the smart controller worth the £500+ price tag? Guessing that if I want a totally clean HDMI output I’ll have to bite the bullet?

Thanks again for all your help Porky. It would be fantastic to have a totally clean output, so annoying the CS doesn’t allow this. The question is now, is the smart controller worth the £500+ price tag? Guessing that if I want a totally clean HDMI output I’ll have to bite the bullet?

You need to be sure the new SC does what you want it to do, I can’t help with that.

Price, well that’s totally down to you;) do you think it’s worth it? I can’t answer that because I’ve got the CS which I’m totally happy with.

I wish you luck with whatever you buy, enjoy it like I do with my CS;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaeem