DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Crystalsky 7.8

manc54

Reactions
Does anyone use one of these and if so what are they like. I'd just like some advice before I spend my hard earned pennies :)

Does anyone use one of these and if so what are they like. I'd just like some advice before I spend my hard earned pennies :)

I use the 5 inch model, the best about it, how good the screen looks in any situation, but it has quite a few problems: in summer it gets very hot and the fans have to work a lot, sometimes the software crashes, it does not support DJI Fly or any of the modern drones (Mini2, Mavic3, Air 2S, ...etc), lack of updates, ...etc.

I bought it second hand for a very reasonable price and still use it with the Mavic 2 Pro. Despite the drawbacks, I would buy it again.

I use the 5 inch model, the best about it, how good the screen looks in any situation, but it has quite a few problems: in summer it gets very hot and the fans have to work a lot, sometimes the software crashes, it does not support DJI Fly or any of the modern drones (Mini2, Mavic3, Air 2S, ...etc), lack of updates, ...etc.

I bought it second hand for a very reasonable price and still use it with the Mavic 2 Pro. Despite the drawbacks, I would buy it again.
Ah OK no good for me then I am using a mini 2 ATM.

I've had several of them. They're great for what they do, and well built. I especially liked the removable batteries; you'd never have to worry about them running out. The mounting system was very good, too, all but eliminating wires on the controller (such as the Cendence for the Inspire 2). For the Inspires and older Mavic Pros, they're great. The processor is dated and slow by today's standards, which is why they can't support the FLY app. If you're on Go or Go 4, I'd recommend them.

I have the Crystalsky Ultra 7.85", purchased new and have no problems. The best screen ever. I use it with a handful of DJI Drones and love it. Wish DJI would have continued to make it better with firmware updates, etc. Yes, I would buy it again. I am sure that you can find a good second hand deal. Good luck.

I have both the Tripltek and CrystalSky Ultra tablets. Since I sold my M2Z the CrystalSky has been nothing more than a paper weight in my hobby room as it does not work with the Fly app and my Mini 2. This is due to the fact that the CS is 32 bit and not 64 bit and therefore not compatible with the DJI Fly app. However since the release of the SDK package Litchi can now handle the CS so win win situation for me. Anyway yesterday I flew the Mini 2 from my favourite site using both the Tripltek and CS tablets. Surprise surprise the CS won hands down with it’s 2,000 nit screen which was really clear and bright. The Tripltek with it’s 1,200 nit screen was acceptable in the bright Spanish sunshine but the CS Ultra was excellent. I am really pleased that the CS has come into it’s own again thanks to the SDK package and Litchi. However would I buy the CS again....no! If you fly mainly in the UK then the Tripltek is more than adequate.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw