DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flagship Store in Beijing

Gadgetdude

Reactions
As a expat living in Beijing, I discover new fascinating things every week. My find this week...the brand new DJI flagship store is finally open! And it is impressive. Takes up a corner of one of the biggest shopping centers in Beijing called China World Mall. It is two floors. First floor is basically like a Apple store where all the products are on display. And just like Apple, they have a ‘genius bar’ type area where people can bring drones, or cameras etc in and have issues resolved or learn about their new DJI product. Upstairs is the ‘testing’ area. They have a large area where you can have a go at one of eight robomasters, and you can even test fly a drone.

The irony about the whole thing is you cannot fly a drone in Beijing or within 30km of the center of Beijing.

B02949FC-ADF0-4522-8280-1C86D2FBCDA5.jpeg

36BB2EB2-E837-4A96-8C08-27B9FD2CFBEF.jpeg

0D45E33F-36D3-4DCE-BA44-98EC2A25B87D.jpeg

9A1467FC-5703-487D-8841-3749C45F1F40.jpeg

6F03F079-DD33-4038-8767-CFC31B69E8E1.jpeg

Nice, I bought my first drone from the Shenzhen flagship store, though I actually only just left Beijing in July. I'm surprised DJI bothered to open a big store in Beijing, given the no-fly zone within the 6th ring road circuit. I suppose it's good for tourists and some locals who take weekend/day trips to Hebei.

I wish I had my Air 2 for my trip to the Bashang grassland last year. The active track would have had no problems following a group of horsemen on such an open environment, and the drone would actually have been helpful for the times we nearly got lost. Thankfully the horses remembered the way home. lol

Any break on prices there?

Unless the Beijing store has some local grand launch discount (I doubt it), then the US is actually the cheapest place on earth to buy DJI drones, marginally.

For reasons I don't really understand, DJI prices things in the US at the exact same value as in China. (As opposed to a premium for Europe, Australia and presumably many other countries). But, due to exchange rate changes since they fixed their Air 2/Mini prices, it's actually cheaper in the US than China. Which is incredible, given Trump's tariffs...

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Unless the Beijing store has some local grand launch discount (I doubt it), then the US is actually the cheapest place on earth to buy DJI drones, marginally.

For reasons I don't really understand, DJI prices things in the US at the exact same value as in China. (As opposed to a premium for Europe, Australia and presumably many other countries). But, due to exchange rate changes since they fixed their Air 2/Mini prices, it's actually cheaper in the US than China. Which is incredible, given Trump's tariffs...
Just as Heindrich1988 said, unfortunately they are not any cheaper here.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Cool, I have a new place to go visit when they finally open China back up. Where is the store located? thx
Also, I visited the DJI store in Shanghai in Sept 2019 and was looking at the Mavic Pro 2 with the SC and flyaway kit for under $2500 which included tax of about $350. I would have got the taxes back flying out of PVG. The unknown at the time was US customs and how much I would have to pay. I asked them when I went through and never got a solid answer but I figured between 3-5% tax but they tax after the first $1000. I figured after the fact it would have saved about $300 at the time. Right now with everything going on, I would have to agree with Heindrich1988.
When I get back to PEK sometime next year I will check the store out....

As a expat living in Beijing, I discover new fascinating things every week. My find this week...the brand new DJI flagship store is finally open! And it is impressive. Takes up a corner of one of the biggest shopping centers in Beijing called China World Mall. It is two floors. First floor is basically like a Apple store where all the products are on display. And just like Apple, they have a ‘genius bar’ type area where people can bring drones, or cameras etc in and have issues resolved or learn about their new DJI product. Upstairs is the ‘testing’ area. They have a large area where you can have a go at one of eight robomasters, and you can even test fly a drone.

The irony about the whole thing is you cannot fly a drone in Beijing or within 30km of the center of Beijing.

View attachment 114792

View attachment 114793

View attachment 114794

View attachment 114795

View attachment 114796
Wow!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members