DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flight Simulator Question

Reactions
VERYYY simple and possibly stupid question. Do you have to have a DJI drone to use DJI's flight simulator? If so, can you only fly the drone that you have in the flight simulator? For example, if you have a Spark, can you still fly a Mavic 2 Pro?

Yes, you need to have a compatible DJI controller, the last compatible one was the MM1.

The experience of flying the different drones in the DFS is not that different, but I'm not sure if a spark controller will allow you to access the M2P flight model, from memory I think it does.

Yes, you need to have a compatible DJI controller, the last compatible one was the MM1.

The experience of flying the different drones in the DFS is not that different, but I'm not sure if a spark controller will allow you to access the M2P flight model, from memory I think it does.
What I was asking is if you'd need to have the drone too.

You do not need to have a drone, you merely connect a DJI compatible controller. Once you're in the app and it has recognized your controller, you'll be able to select and fly simulations with different DJI drones. One thing to note is with the free version you'll be limited to just a few modes. The fully activated version will unlock all modes but you'll have to pay for the licensing. See here for more info:

You do not need to have a drone, you merely connect a DJI compatible controller. Once you're in the app and it has recognized your controller, you'll be able to select and fly simulations with different DJI drones. One thing to note is with the free version you'll be limited to just a few modes. The fully activated version will unlock all modes but you'll have to pay for the licensing. See here for more info:
Has anyone ever figured out how to chose a different controller than the default in djf?

Blink,
Once you've started the program and selected the mode, drone, and takeoff point, you can click on C1, Settings, Remote Controller Settings. From there you'll be able to select from a few different controllers. See the pic for options.
Happy "Simulated" Flying!

Attachments

• DJI Simulator.jpg
    DJI Simulator.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 23
Thanks.

I have a m2z. I can select the m2z controller on that screen using the joy stick but c1 and c2 don't do anything.

So I have to hit Enter to confirm. I hit Enter and it takes me to that controller's details screen but all I can do from there is hit backspace which takes me back to the selection screen.

The only way back to the sim is Backspace again takes me back to the sim but it's still on the default controller.

I've done the same from main menu and same result.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser