DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.10.0 - big update

Yes, flying now becomes a two person activity if using the goggles. I fly alone within the confines of my half acre yard, not "legal" but not flying in public and endangering anyone. But to fly outside of my yard, I need a spotter to fly with me.
That is where it pays to have a buddy with goggles too, you can take turns flying and spotting.
The reason to have a spotter is not only to keep un eye on drone but also your surroundings, so by adding goggles to spotter he/she will only spot what you and drone see and nothing else. unless you mean putting goggles on buddy to fly while you are the spotter

The reason to have a spotter is not only to keep un eye on drone but also your surroundings, so by adding goggles to spotter he/she will only spot what you and drone see and nothing else. unless you mean putting goggles on buddy to fly while you are the spotter
"Take Turns" as in I fly with goggles, you watch/spot. Now your turn to fly with goggles while I spot for you.
This is how it is done legally in the US, unless you are flying FPV indoors.

I just happened to by the Motion Controller 2 and Integra goggles last week, so after many updates and a little frustration, I was able to make "FPV" flights with both my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro yesterday afternoon. Even head tracking works.
As I've posted elsewhere, this just opens up a whole new world of ways to crash my camera drones! LOL.
I feel very secure flying the Avata and FPV drone with the goggles and motion controller, but so far I am far more hesitant when flying the two camera drones. I hope future updates will allow us to use the traditional stick controllers with the goggles.
You can use the traditional stick controller watch that video from the link above your post.

Reactions: Torque
I test the workaround thing and I can say was working for me pretty well. The only thing you can't use is the screen but the important for safety buttons on the RC-Pro I use worked as they should. I can pause I can use RTH and I can control the camera. The downside is you can not start and stop the recording from the controller. You have to start recording before you power up the goggles. You are free to try and see by yourself. Some people find that unsafe some not. You can decide by yourself.

Yes. I was so excited I was asking using my phone. Small buttons and fat fingers you know. I just found out it requires using the motion controller. Bummer!!! I bought one for the Avata and sold it quickly. I like sticks.
So you MUST use the Motion Controller an goggles together?... You can't use the regular controller and goggles?? Has this been verified?

One advantage of using the goggles when flying a camera drone is it eliminates sun glare. Downside is you need an observer when flying.
The sun glare is a huge thing for me... and I find that I can just concentrate better on the task at hand with goggles. Yes, needing a V.O. is necessary, but if I am doing important work I can always get another set of eyes to help me... and usually do anyway.

Last edited:
So you MUST use the Motion Controller an goggles together?... You can't use the regular controller and goggles?? Has this been verified?
That is correct. There is a bug in the Fly app that might allow you to use the DJI RC, but it is highly unsafe and will void any warranty you may have.

That is correct. There is a bug in the Fly app that might allow you to use the DJI RC, but it is highly unsafe and will void any warranty you may have.
I don't think you got that right. Where do you get the idea about you void your warranty? And what is the danger of using this method with the sticks?
I tested this for a while and nothing happened. You can't use the screen but the buttons as pause / RTH and camera tilt works just fine. Also, you can adjust the camera settings from the goggles. Did you try it or did you just say?

Reactions: maggior
I don't think you got that right. Where do you get the idea about you void your warranty? And what is the danger of using this method with the sticks?
I tested this for a while and nothing happened. You can't use the screen but the buttons as pause / RTH and camera tilt works just fine. Also, you can adjust the camera settings from the goggles. Did you try it or did you just say?
It is NOT supported by DJI. It was an unintended outcome of opening up "FPV" with non-FPV quads. Inquire with them. Also, it's all over YouTube.

Something else all over youtube is disgrunteled reviewers all ticked off over this. I personally see it as a marketing scheme to sell a ton of MC2. Notice it does not come with the drones, but you purchase as an accessary. Many probably already have the goggles--and the controller comes with the drone-but not the MC2.

• Haha
Reactions: Aairon and Torque

I did watch one of the reviewers say using the RC made the flight kind of twitchy and not smooth at all. If I were a gambling man, I bet an adjustment will be made to the firmware to use the controller after all of us "can't wait" people buy the MC2.

Reactions: maggior and Torque
I did watch one of the reviewers say using the RC made the flight kind of twitchy and not smooth at all. If I were a gambling man, I bet an adjustment will be made to the firmware to use the controller after all of us "can't wait" people buy the MC2.
I try with Mini3 Pro and Mavic 3 myself and I got 0 glitches or problems. I didn't see on the DJI website any mention of voiding the warranty using this method maybe they just find out about this workaround, I am not sure but I didn't see anything about it.

Thank you and wow, WHY des DJI do this kind of crap? I was ready to go out and pop for both the Mini 3P and the new MP3 Pro but yet again, I will wait this one out. Most of the newer controllers should work across the board. I've been waiting for this type of goggles compatibility, only to be hamstrung with using the M.C. Just dumb in my opinion :-(

Something else all over youtube is disgrunteled reviewers all ticked off over this. I personally see it as a marketing scheme to sell a ton of MC2. Notice it does not come with the drones, but you purchase as an accessary. Many probably already have the goggles--and the controller comes with the drone-but not the MC2.
No doubt about it, it's brilliant marketing. Had I not been offered the $90 discount on the MC2, I wouldn't have bitten. It's a fun new perspective after all these years of sticking (thumbing). A 100% improvement over the MC1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa