DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.2.4 for iOS released on App Store

I just installed Fly App 1.2.4 on my iPhone 6 plus and I am still getting the same "CPU Overload" message at start up. Note that at this point in time, all other apps are closed, drone is still on the ground and props have not started up, and all other unncessary settings in the Fly App (like caching, zebra exposure lines, etc) are off.

What gives? Is it the phone or the app? ?

Guess I am sticking to the 1.2.4 for Android. It has been trouble free to date. I only miss the option "not to charge the phone" that comes with the IOS version of the Fly App. Auto charging of the phone drains the controller's batteries real quick.

I just installed Fly App 1.2.4 on my iPhone 6 plus and I am still getting the same "CPU Overload" message at start up. Note that at this point in time, all other apps are closed, drone is still on the ground and props have not started up, and all other unncessary settings in the Fly App (like caching, zebra exposure lines, etc) are off.

Guess I am sticking to the 1.2.4 for Android. It has been trouble free to date. I only miss the option "not to charge the phone" that comes with the IOS version of the Fly App. Auto charging of the phone drains the controller's batteries real quick.
The iPhone 6 was released in 2014, that makes it a 7 year old device, while perhaps it works fine as phone, and some apps still work fine, I suspect Fly is pushing that lowly A8 processor over the edge... Might be time to consider moving up a few notches to at least something in the Axx range...

So, it could be a combo of both....

Last edited:
Reactions: tibzee
The iPhone 6 was released in 2014, that makes it a 7 year old device, while perhaps it works fine as phone, and some apps still work fine, I suspect Fly is pushing that lowly A8 processor over the edge... Might be time to consider moving up a few notches to at least something in the Axx range...

So, it could be a combo of both....
True. But it still works for me. I am one person who keeps devices so long as these still work. Heck, I still even have the iPod, in perfect working condition ?

Plus, I never had this problem in the earlier IOS versions of the Fly App.

True. But it still works for me. I am one person who keeps devices so long as these still work. Heck, I still even have the iPod, in perfect working condition ?

Plus, I never had this problem in the earlier IOS versions of the Fly App.
While you demonstrate the long and reliable life of an iPhone, I think eventually the ride comes to end, some apps evolve so that they may not work on older devices effectively any more and some may not at all.. New releases of Fly may have added features or processing that the A8 just won't handle..

It's also possible that that depending on the age of the battery, it may not have enough power now to keep the processor operating at peak efficiency.

Hi, Friday 2/5/21 apple uploaded 1.2.5. I installed it today 2/6/21 - it seems ok.

While you demonstrate the long and reliable life of an iPhone, I think eventually the ride comes to end, some apps evolve so that they may not work on older devices effectively any more and some may not at all.. New releases of Fly may have added features or processing that the A8 just won't handle..

It's also possible that that depending on the age of the battery, it may not have enough power now to keep the processor operating at peak efficiency.
No different than a PC.

My HTC 10 and Samsung Tab S3 seemed sufficiently fast, but now I have this S20 FE, and I notice the slowness of the other two just with browsing and using MavicPilots app.

No different than a PC.

My HTC 10 and Samsung Tab S3 seemed sufficiently fast, but now I have this S20 FE, and I notice the slowness of the other two just with browsing and using MavicPilots app.
Not much difference, at least a PC, assuming its plugged into a wall doesn't deal with battery throttling.

The last update was bad, not sure I want to try another.
I've been flying DJI drones starting with Phantom 4, 5 years or so ago. I have everything from Spark to Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2 Pro. DJI has it (mostly) down pat and I make it my own practice to use all updates when they are available. In past 2 or so years I've never had a problems. I've logged thousands of missions. No accidents/crashes in 4 years.

Reactions: A.O.
I updated today. Went from DJI IPhone Fly app version 1.2.2 to 1.2.5. Cannot comment on changes yet, Below zero and windy will not be flying soon.

I updated today. Went from DJI IPhone Fly app version 1.2.2 to 1.2.5. Cannot comment on changes yet, Below zero and windy will not be flying soon.
I updated as well, also updated the ac firmware
No flight here yet either

Turned my MP2 on for the first time in two months yesterday. Saw their was a firmware update for the drone and smart controller. It took about an hour to update both of them. By the time I was ready to fly it was snowing to hard to go out Lol

Ver 1.2.4 for iOS is terrible. The disconnection issues when it is only but meters away is ridiculous. And I have been unable to revert to an older version, as iOS pops up a message that "This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified" when I tried to install 1.10.1 .... now I can't fly. And stuck on what to do. Using my wife's Android, I am able to fly. Thus, this issue seems to be limited to iPhone, or to be specific, mine is a iPhone 12 Mini. Need a solution to this.

Ver 1.2.4 for iOS is terrible. The disconnection issues when it is only but meters away is ridiculous. And I have been unable to revert to an older version, as iOS pops up a message that "This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified" when I tried to install 1.10.1 .... now I can't fly. And stuck on what to do. Using my wife's Android, I am able to fly. Thus, this issue seems to be limited to iPhone, or to be specific, mine is a iPhone 12 Mini. Need a solution to this.
Well if you are on 1.2.4, you are not on the latest version, 1.2.5 has been out for about a week now..

Does seem odd that your getting disconnection issues, how do the errors present ? Because connectivity is solely between the RC & AC, the USB Connection merely sends data to the app from the RC and of course to the RC when you change settings.. Since you say it works on Droid, you are using a different OTG cable to do that.. perhaps you're USB to lightning cable is damaged.

Well if you are on 1.2.4, you are not on the latest version, 1.2.5 has been out for about a week now..

Does seem odd that your getting disconnection issues, how do the errors present ? Because connectivity is solely between the RC & AC, the USB Connection merely sends data to the app from the RC and of course to the RC when you change settings.. Since you say it works on Droid, you are using a different OTG cable to do that.. perhaps you're USB to lightning cable is damaged.
I do have the 1.2.5 loaded and I also am having connection issues. I fly to places I used to fly to and now I'm getting warnings about the connection between my RC and AC!

Oh , and in the Obstacle avoidance the "go around" feature is gone.. just braking is there.

I do have the 1.2.5 loaded and I also am having connection issues. I fly to places I used to fly to and now I'm getting warnings about the connection between my RC and AC!

Oh , and in the Obstacle avoidance the "go around" feature is gone.. just braking is there.
Are you running the latest firmware and what specifically do the messages say, or can you get screen cap when it pops up, might be useful if you decided to bug DJI about the problem.

Are you running the latest firmware and what specifically do the messages say, or can you get screen cap when it pops up, might be useful if you decided to bug DJI about the problem.
Yes, did the App upgrade and AC firmware at the same time. Also calibrated the IMU and Compass and the controller as long as I was at it.
I'll try to take a screen shot next time it comes up.

I got mine yesterday for android haven't tried it yet hopefully today?
You made the right decision. Just flew 3 batteries on Fly App 1.2.4 (920) for Android and each flight was rock solid! No connection issues whatsoever. On one flight, I flew out in an urban environment over 2 miles on the 5.8Ghz band and the connection was absolutely perfect, I only turned round when the battery got to 55% otherwise I could have flown way further as signal was still at full bars. This latest update is brilliant on Android.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15