DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.5.10 error "RC not connected to aircraft"

Reactions
I started getting this error, out of the blue, flying Mavic 3, Fly app says connection lost, never actually lost control, it almost seems like it reconnects almost immediately, before RTH kicks in, but it's kind of scary, never happened before. All is normal until you actually take off, and it disconnects and reconnects over and over. Thought it might be a bad cable, so I tried several, tried reinstalling Fly app, etc. So my iPhone 12 Pro Max still works ok (other than it overheats and shuts down during flight sometimes), so I don't think there is anything wrong w/ the drone or firmware, but DJI support says my Tripltek tablet is "not supported", and they "recommend for flight safety using a supported phone". This is kind of devastating, since the tablet is big and bright (1200 nits), 12,200 mah' battery, working great for 6 mo, cost $700 and now it is useless. I don't guess DJI figures my iPhone shutting down mid-flight due to overheating is a "safety issue"? I digress, but I know there are tons of people using tablets of all sorts that are not necessarily on the "official list" for the DJI Fly app. Has anyone heard of this kind of issue using a Tripletek tablet?

Reactions: Merrill277
David, do not worry about what DJI said. TRIPLTEK 8 PRO is 100% compatible with all DJI drones. To discard some possible issues:

Plug the Tablet into the wall charger, now move the USBc cable and see if the tablet stops and start charging again

Almost all of DJI latest firmwares are "buggy". (crap)
There's nothing wrong with your phone or Tripltek

I started getting the same stupid message and a black screen while the drone starts rth procedure and at 2,000 ft away with my ma2. Oh and with perfect line of sight. Really lame! What’s going on?

Reactions: Jam0ne
Almost all of DJI latest firmwares are "buggy". (crap)
There's nothing wrong with your phone or Tripltek
Sorry, but if that really was the case (and it’s not for me), everyone would be complaining about it and they’re not.

Sorry, but if that really was the case (and it’s not for me), everyone would be complaining about it and they’re not.

You are experiencing reading comprehension fail.

Enough people, even if its "only one person", "is/are complaining".

Here's a little guidance, go to DJI.com applications help page and read SOME of the REASON(s) for a NEW/UPDATED firmware... i'll help you even more, keywords "bugs", "fixes".
What do you THINK those mean ?

Carry on.

What do you THINK those mean ?
I’m the first to admit that there’s no such thing as completely bug-free software. However, it was more your comment that the firmware was cr@p that made me reply - it seems to work as advertised for the vast majority of people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada