Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.5.10 here is the News ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 154384
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 154384

I thought it was interesting to publish the News on the new Dji fly 1.5.10
Information given by the DJI technical support.

1. Added support for QuickShots, Panorama, and QuickTransfer on DJI Mavic 3 (update to latest aircraft firmware version to use these features).

2. Added support for DJI RC Pro to save files on a microSD card and output LiveView only with HDMI (update to latest remote controller firmware version to use these features).

3. Optimized user experience when adjusting camera settings in Pro mode.

4. Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.

Reactions: manc54
1. Added support for QuickShots, Panorama, and QuickTransfer on DJI Mavic 3 (update to latest aircraft firmware version to use these features).
Not sure what this means.... definitely already had QuickShots and Panorama previous to this App version

I tried and everything fine.

Reactions: Paint Rock Drones
I always view updates as a good thing, but I've not had any bad updates so what do I know :)
Sometimes it's not that something is broken, it's that the functionality of a feature changes significantly. At one point, the compass was changed completely and threw a lot of people off.

When I got my MA2 a year ago, there was a problem that would significantly limit the height and distance you could go under some circumstances. As a new user that wasn't much fun to deal with, though I found turning WiFi off on my smart controller fixed it until the app was corrected.

In general I agree that updates are a good thing. I have had better luck with DJI's updates than other apps.

I am a hobbyist with a Mavic Mini, & Mavic Pro. I have the hardest time trying to get the App Update, the Drone Update, straight as to what they actually do for my 2 drones only, & not for the upteen drones that have come after my 2 models. (not to mention the cryptic VERSION Numbering System) They (DJI) needs to categorize the updates as to what they mean to do for each drone model. Seems it mostly all runs together the way it is now. DJI says here's a new update - now go figure out if you not only want or need, or even have to have it, but have fun figuring out if it even affects your drone model/version. Other than the FAA rules that change constantly, after 1 year of updates and your drone is flying fine, then the heck with more & more updates. Just frustrating!

Seems it mostly all runs together the way it is now. DJI says here's a new update - now go figure out if you not only want or need, or even have to have it, but have fun figuring out if it even affects your drone model/version
If you are happy with the way your drone is working there really isn't a need to update. However if an update is available for your aircraft via the APP, that means there are some changes that affect your drone in the update..... versions that don't have fixes specifically for you aren't pushed.

Reactions: stevenws
I thought it was interesting to publish the News on the new Dji fly 1.5.10
Information given by the DJI technical support.

2. Added support for DJI RC Pro to save files on a microSD card and output LiveView only with HDMI (update to latest remote controller firmware version to use these features).

3. Optimized user experience when adjusting camera settings in Pro mode.

4. Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.
Ignore this reply - I found it.

Last edited:
This is even, errrrr, more cyptic 🤣
That always strikes me as a catchall that’s code for “we hope it fixes some bugs you don’t know about and we’re not acknowledging”.

When I first touched down here it was suggested I not update the app if it was < 1.5, but that drone had flown — it was already 1.5.x.

So going to 1.5.10 is probably NBD.

I have updated to 1.5.10 but unfortunately I still have to fly ... with the previous version 1.5.9 I have not encountered problems with Android 10. I only noticed a smoother video return, but this is just my impression.

Not sure what this means.... definitely already had QuickShots and Panorama previous to this App version
This was their answer to my question ... I can't tell you exactly what they have added or corrected in other drones.

I have tested this version with my Mavic Air 2. Seems great!
I have smoother video feed with this new version and the firmware update.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme