DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.7.8 - adjustable sharpness / noise reduction!

Looking forward to the support for enhanced transmission. It certainly needs it.

Reactions: JTZ
And drone firmware update v01.00.0400 that finally resolves the long running code 30046 beat down among other things.

The new camera controls for sharpness and noise reduction are really interesting.

Full manual exposure too.
Huge if its all true.

Now if only i could stop it misting up!

I guess I know what I'm doing after my shoots today.

Huge if its all true.

Excuse my ignorance... Was full manual exposure not already available in pro mode?

Looks to be a worthwhile update all the same!

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance... Was full manual exposure not already available in pro mode?

Looks to be a worthwhile update all the same!
It was.

Everyone seems to be missing the biggest feature add, slobbering all over the sharpness and noise reduction options.

The big enchilada: Shutter and ISO priority modes.

It was.

Everyone seems to be missing the biggest feature add, slobbering all over the sharpness and noise reduction options.

The big enchilada: Shutter and ISO priority modes.
The addition of shutter and ISO priority is the main thing that caught my attention too. Sharpness and noise reduction adjustability is nice to have, but we've had basically exactly that, and much more, through shooting in RAW.

Is the "enhanced transmission" anything about improvements to the signal robustness, or just another way of saying "remote ID added"?

Reactions: retiredNH
Huge if its all true.

i noticed the outer glass of the camera module misting up for the first time two weeks ago when i was flying on a particularly cold overcast day ,it started after i had been flying for a few minutes ,and cleared when for a short time the sun came out and the temperature increased by a few degrees
the cover over the front of the camera module ,serves no purpose other than cosmetic and is removed to fit an ND filter of choice it has no glass in it
i very carefully removed the two screws either side of the module and the whole front panel of the camera module came off, where it fts round the camera lens itself there is an o ring seal ,i removed it to look for damage ie , pinched on assembly ,but it all seemed fine ,so after cleaning the inside of the glass and the cover ,i reassembled the module
the problem is that the cover with the glass in it is not hermetically sealed
so over time it could be possible for moisture to get inside which could cause the misting to the glass ,not the camera lens itself
so i decided to purchase one ND filter ,in my case an ND 8, and have now fitted it to the drone but am still waiting for the right weather conditions to try it out
my thinking behind the filter is that it will provide another layer of glass over the module glass itself,and my hope is that it will help prevent the cold air from directly hitting the glass in the cover ,and hopefully prevent the misting from happening
should this be the case i will report back on my findings

Wonder if this update will fix the app crashes seen on android that were in the last few versions. May check that out myself when I have time.

I don't see an update on the ios app store.... I am at 1.7.4. Now it is there after going to DJI web site and getting a referral to the app store. installing now

i noticed the outer glass of the camera module misting up for the first time two weeks ago when i was flying on a particularly cold overcast day ,it started after i had been flying for a few minutes ,and cleared when for a short time the sun came out and the temperature increased by a few degrees
the cover over the front of the camera module ,serves no purpose other than cosmetic and is removed to fit an ND filter of choice it has no glass in it
i very carefully removed the two screws either side of the module and the whole front panel of the camera module came off, where it fts round the camera lens itself there is an o ring seal ,i removed it to look for damage ie , pinched on assembly ,but it all seemed fine ,so after cleaning the inside of the glass and the cover ,i reassembled the module
the problem is that the cover with the glass in it is not hermetically sealed
so over time it could be possible for moisture to get inside which could cause the misting to the glass ,not the camera lens itself
so i decided to purchase one ND filter ,in my case an ND 8, and have now fitted it to the drone but am still waiting for the right weather conditions to try it out
my thinking behind the filter is that it will provide another layer of glass over the module glass itself,and my hope is that it will help prevent the cold air from directly hitting the glass in the cover ,and hopefully prevent the misting from happening
should this be the case i will report back on my findings
That's basically what i do - if im doing stills and don't want CPL i'll fit my polariser but set to no polarisation. If its video i'll be on ND 16 - 64 anyway. It does solve the problem.

I did a test flight last week in one of the rare 20 mins it wasnt raining (but still 30mph winds). Fogging within 10 seconds of take off and despite a 20 minute flight, pointing gimbal at the sun, hovering into the wind, moving and everything else it never cleared.
Landed, stuck a filter on, took off, no fogging at all.

There's a market gap here for a clear glass filter to get around the fogging.

From what i can see the camera unit isn't sealed, moisture gets in so in winter where the internals of the camera are very warm and the outer glass is cold its going to fog. A filter stops that outer glass from getting as cold.
I suspect a LOT of people are going to be posting about fogging issues in the next few months - it came out in summer where it wasnt an issue.

Back to the topic, firmware upgrade (im doing now) also did what i suspect - enables mandatory Remote ID for the USA region so DJI are doing what they always do - semi forcing a firmware update for an unpopular feature (RID) by releasing the update at the same time as beneficial changes (Manual exposure and sharpness controls).

Its a trick they've used before to "encourage" people to upgrade.

Edit:- This update requires each battery to be done AND once again resets your recording settings to normal mode, 30fps and so on. Be sure to check everything before use again.

Last edited:
U/V filter is *normally* something you'd avoid like the plague on any sort of camera lens (reduces image quality) but its essentially a piece of glass so might work to stop the fogging issues.

The issue seems to be with all the Mini 3s as opposed to a bad batch so getting a new one under refresh is unlikely to fix it.

so if you dont update you will not be able to fly in US once remote id kicks in ?

Apparently you still can as its under 250g (the cutoff for requiring it by law).

Although i haven't checked this.

Apparently you still can as its under 250g (the cutoff for requiring it by law).

Although i haven't checked this.
dji fly app showed info during update that drones not updated will not be able to fly in us(rc n1 remote not dji rc,ipad pro)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead